the gloves have haste not crit lol

Re: Priest discussion

Post 23 Jun 2010 02:01

never mind you mean on the chest good point

Post 23 Jun 2010 10:40

User avatarJhazrun

Good to see you, Ivanoize, juandilol, bash, Mehra, bubat, and Stowned,
Ivanoize wrote:I wanna know which of these items is best to my holy starter gear, Merlin's Robe or Royal Moonshroud Robe and the wrists: Bejewled Wizard's Bracers or Royal Moonshroud Bracers?

[Royal Moonshroud Robe] and [Bracers] without so much as a moment's doubt. Not to mention for starting gear the effectiveness of Haste is even further downplayed.

juandilol wrote:How would you convince a Holy Priest to take Improved Renew and Empowered Renew talents?

While Flash Heal is quite a viable tool in five-man dungeons, Renew far outpaces it in true raiding, courtesy of a dramatic difference in Spell Power scaling and the catered-to-by-encounter-damage-mechanics nature of HoTs.
Even though at this point one may feel comfortable with Flash Heal, the style will fall further and further behind in output as the level of gear rises.

bash wrote:Hi, This is my char http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Narkissus

Would like to ask what items should I get or change + enchants/gems etc.

Well, like many you're in the position where there isn't much one can do to actively upgrade their equipment. Given your progress I would recommend that you spend your next Emblems on [Ermine Coronation Robes], but beyond that your following pieces are left to Lady Luck, as Holy even cares none for stat planning.

Now, you can definitely fine-tune your setup by picking up SP-SPIs to replace those Mp5 ones, and spending one of those Empowered Healing points on Inner Focus ― even "Reduces the mana cost of your Divine Hymn spell by 100%." for 1/1 is still too cheap to pass.
Outside those your current course is looking mighty fine to me.

Mehra wrote:Couldn't another alternative be to take the San'layn Ritualist Gloves instead of the tier 277 gloves, and then grab the tier 277 chest? This combination of gear would yield the same amount of spell power, but you would trade ~100 haste for ~115 crit.
bubat wrote:I have both the gloves and the best and i dont know which one to pick.
Stowned wrote:I'm also interested what Jhazrun has to say regarding this as I've been thinking about what piece to get myself for quite some time.

What we're looking at here is at the same time a scenario of accessibility.
Even though I already consider the Haste-SPI preferable to the Crit, it's not where another choice lands in the timeline.

Gloves sport a lower itemization budget than leggings or chestpieces. This results in an upgrade from 264 to 277 yielding a greater stat increase for the latter slots.
Imagine one already with both [Sanguine Silk Robes] and [San'layn Ritualist Gloves] at 277, and finally picking up their first HC token. Which slot do they opt to upgrade?

If they were to spend the token on the 277 tier robes and keep [San'layn Ritualist Gloves], they'll find themselves at a 277 chestpiece and 277 gloves.

In stead, they choose to wear [Sanguine Silk Robes], and go for the 277 tier leggings. This way they'll end up with TWO HIGH-BUDGET PIECES AT 277.

The supply of HC tier tokens remains low to this day, and one's second will continue to take its time. 'Til then the above stat advantage rings true. Now, while this does partially fall within the realm of min-max tinkering, the SPI > Haste > Crit rule explains the dominance of [Sanguine Silk Robes] even in a long-term view.
Last edited by Jhazrun on 26 Jun 2010 07:33, edited 2 times in total.

Post 23 Jun 2010 13:07

Post 23 Jun 2010 21:40

thanks Jhazrun

Post 26 Jun 2010 09:12

thx for ur time Jhazrun, was thinking almost the same :>

Post 27 Jun 2010 19:26

Hello I have a few questions regarding disc in 25 man primerily shield spamming. I understand that for the most part I should be aiming for the most possible spell power but I am still unsure about other aspects.

Providing I maintain 450 haste for 1.0 second GCD with borrowed time should I be aiming to favour crit? I also am not sure sure how to value spirit.

I have a few gear choice questions If you could help,

1. Chest: a) Flowing Robes of Ascent (245) b) T9 Chest (245) c) Merlins Robe d) Royal Moonshrould Robe

2. Legs: a) Leggings of Woven Death or b) Lightweave Leggings

3. 1 of the following trinkets: a) Tears of the Vanquished b) 150 sp Battlemasters c) i245 int badge trinket.

And finaly which race is better for disc: Troll or Blood Elf?

Thanks

Post 29 Jun 2010 14:19

Hi Jhazrun,
Thanks for the frequent updates. I rely on this thread as much if not more than whats found on EJ and PlusHeal because of your availability, knowledge and experience. That said, I'm playing a Disc (main spec) and Holy (offspec), and trying to come to grips with my gear. Currently my guild is 9/12 Hardmodes and working hard at knocking out Prof. Putricide.

In terms of gear, what should I be looking to upgrade to best maximize my ability to contribute?

What is your opinion on the i264 Trauma vs. the LK mace

What is the viability of Holy as a Hardmode ICC 25 raiding spec? (I ask because of there poor showing on logs and meters)

And finally, if you could humor me and assess my current gemming choices, I'd be greatly indebted to you!

I ask, because I really feel like there is something lacking in my priesting.

Thanks,
Visions

my armory:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... cn=Visions

Post 30 Jun 2010 04:28

First and foremost, a much-deserved THANK YOU Jhaz! The interest and spontaneousness with which you respond us less-informed priests is very satisfying. It is delightful to recieve answers from someone so charismatic and smart, and who definately knows what it mean to PRIEST.

Now, to the meaqt of the deal:

I am the current Holy Priest in my guild, even though as of late ive been playing shadow more and more - we are currently 10/12 HMs, with Putricide on the brink of extinction and the LK wipe fest on the horizon. Ill probably play each spec equally for this fight.

With this in mind, what are your thoughts on using Shadow tier for healing? The deliciously itemized Sanguine Silk Robes refuse to drop for my guild week after week, thus leaving me with little option as to what to use in the typically non-tier piece chest slot. I have considered using the similarly itemized gloves, but found an option which just might be effective, considering my more and more frequent use of the shadowy side of things: using the shadow chest piece. I am getting very close to making myself with a heroic token, even if the Conqueror version is close to the already mentioned robes in rarity for our cloth-hating RNG god. (I bet hes a paladin, since oh does that much-maligned spell plate drop) However, when the stars finally align, it seems i might get it, which has brought up the idea of using it for the Shadow tier chest. Ill benefit my two specs, and grant me a whole lot of throughtput. however, my other option is to simply upgrade another highly budgeted piece, like the shoulders, and continue waiting for the chest - this will grant me a higher level of spirit, and probably benefit my healing in the long run. What are your thoughts on this matter? Also, 277 Trauma/264 Spindle or 277 BQ staff? I haven't been able to draw a definite conclusion.

Heres a link to my armory - I might be in shadow gear, but ill try to remember to log out in holy gear.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &cn=Raskol

With my most sincere gratitude,
Raskol
SoTRD-Thrall

Post 01 Jul 2010 14:49

What are your thoughts on the Ruby Sanctum Healing trinket for a Discipline priest, I recently got the normal version and am quite happy with it. Curious though on your thoughts on it (Jhazrun or any other Disc priests).