Mage discussion

Re: Mage discussion

Post 17 May 2010 16:01

if you cant get 277 items i don't see the point for you to go fire :P

Post 17 May 2010 21:38

lol2k wrote:if you cant get 277 items i don't see the point for you to go fire :P

This is what I was thinking, but rawr keeps telling me with the gear I'm able to get atm, and the gear I have it puts out just a little more 150 dps or so, on 3-7minute fights.

Post 17 May 2010 21:40

But I do plan on transferring this weekend, so technically I should be able to get 277 soon, so with that being said, what are BiS trinkets for fire, and should I get sanc chest, and try n get heroic pants off fester 25H?

Post 24 May 2010 21:19

Hi!
This question is for Cevius, but if you got a helpfull answer, don't be afraid to reply!

Was just peeking around(lookin for optional gear changing etc.), then i stumbled across his specc, and i found he had dropped 1 point in FT(flame throwing - 1/2= 3 range) for 1 point in AM(Arcane Meditation - 1/3= 17% mana regn.), and i just went questionmark.

Does that talent infact stack with Pyromaniac? I myself have a good amount of Critt in fire, so i tend to barely get out of fights with my mana up(this with pots included), so if it did infact stack i'd rather try that out and see how it goes!

Also, if you have any good tips how to keep myself from oom'ing, that'll be greatly appreciated. That being said i guess i can share some basic of what i got atm to keep myself from oom'ing; First thing i've done is to get SP in my wep insted of Black magic(more haste>More fb>More critts>More pb>oomage:<), and started swapping some sp/haste to sp gems. Also i do use mana gem once i reach 80% mana, so i get it of CD asap.

Help out a fellow mage, ALL help will be appreciated!

-Water

Post 29 May 2010 21:27

Hello everyone,

I would like tips on my gear / build
Currently I am going to fire on all the fights and I've got a dps than arcane, perhaps for the latency of my country - Brazil

I would suggest if I should invest in more crit or haste. Buffado in my 25 man raid to get + - 57% crit.

following my armory:
http://us.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Archvader

embrace and excuse the bad English

Post 31 May 2010 18:03

Hello,i got a couple of questions,1st of all im pulling off 7.7k dps in icc25 encounters and around 6.5 at 10,in arc build,using 4xab and then MB if procced,else after 1-2 more abs i use arc barrage.but overall ive seen some mages lower/same geared pullin off more dps,so was wondering if theres anything wrong with my rotation,talent build,glyphs etc.
the other thing is due to new patch changes,same old question,should i go for some hit gear and change to fire,or keep arc for now untill ive gathered far better gear than my current gear
thx for ur time
heres the link to armory:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &cn=Grubbs

Post 01 Jun 2010 22:35

first of all you have not the gear for fire. you need very good gear for it to go over the arcane damage
and if you can get the Trinkets from Rotface and sindragosa i think you can go fire but im not sure

Post 01 Jun 2010 22:39

Buddylove wrote:But I do plan on transferring this weekend, so technically I should be able to get 277 soon, so with that being said, what are BiS trinkets for fire, and should I get sanc chest, and try n get heroic pants off fester 25H?

When you go Fire spec you would need to go 5/5 set heroic icc and ofc get the trinkets that will give you a insane boost

Post 07 Jun 2010 23:06

Hi,

My gear isnt heroic icc 25 yet since i havent won any peices, but, I know fire is more gear dependent than arcane, but fire seems better and since i am next in line for reg Phalactyr of the Nameless Lich, and heroic DFO (Dislodged Foreign Object) seems to be dropping most of the time we kill rotface on heroic (which we do every week)

I was wondering if i should stay fire since im getting sindragosa's trinket soon or if i should go arcane considering my gear really isnt up to par with what most people are saying it should be.

Haronox-Popë
<Order of Orgrimmar> Jaedenar