Mage discussion

Re: Mage discussion

Post 19 Apr 2010 04:00

Sup mages

I have a question about ignite munching.
Currently im playing fire and am running around 60%crit raid buffed+fm proc(missing alot of fire gear atm) and using the standard rotation of LB->FB->HSproc etc. Currently, between my FB and HSproc im waiting about 0.4 seconds 2 prevent the 2 balls of raging fire criting at exactly the same ie the munch.
Atm im stacking ignite to around 40kper tick (100k on queen) and pulling around 11.5k dps on saurfang.
So my question is, do u wait a certain ammount of milli-seconds between ur FB and HSproc or do u just spam them asap and ignore the munch but go for higher overall impact damage?

tyvm for reading and ofc gz on ur lk kill
Ezékiel-Darkspear eu

Post 19 Apr 2010 20:10

I don't wait at all between my fb and hs...You'll lose shit loads of casts in the long run, so better to just spam asap.

There are certain situations though where you can prevent ignite from munching, without having to wait or anything. When you have to move cast fireblast first and hs after...and when refreshing lb (if hs is up) casting lb first and pyro after.
(though you might lose a hs proc, if your mid air fireball and lb tick crits...so this can be argued, if it's wise to wait with the pyro or not)

Post 20 Apr 2010 13:18

sorry for my limited knowledge concerning fire, but is it possible to explain what exactly "munching" is? I've tried to find out in several guides how ignite works (if it stacks somehow or refreshes) but didn't find anything!

thx!

Post 20 Apr 2010 20:09

Ignite munching means that if 2 fire spells crit at the same time, the ignite damage doesn't add up correctly.

Post 20 Apr 2010 22:05

ok got the problem..but what's better now after LB expired and HS active - pyro or LB first? the latter will result in many more HS procs which will then be wasted (cuz LB explode+flying FB might both crit)..isnt that right? how do the Pros do it?^^

Post 20 Apr 2010 23:18

Like I said in my earlier post...one can argue, if it's better to cast lb before the hs pyro (like I usually do)..

If you cast lb first, you get better lb uptime and less ignite munching but lose some hs procs. If you cast hs pyro first instead, you won't lose those hs procs and perhaps you get a little better t10 2pc uptime (well some of it's wasted, since you cast lb after the pyro).

Post 24 Apr 2010 22:08

Hi there,

I got another question concerning LB. Do you guys try to keep it up on all trash (also read: adds on Lady Deathwhisper, Gunship, Valithria) or just nuke fb?^^

Post 27 Apr 2010 10:20

Got a question concerning both Baltha and Cevius talent specs, you are using a bit different ones with just a few points switched around here and there, what is your view on the proper Fire spec?

I am asking this cause my guild is currently running Hardmodes in 25-Man and i would like to get as much as possible out of my Fire spec.

Armory link if you want to take a look at what i am currently using
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... cn=Truljin

Thanks.

edit
I know i'm a bit over the hitcap, currently awaiting the cloak from Dreamwalker to drop.

Post 27 Apr 2010 13:13

Cypeh: to a certain point yes...

librorsan: 41yd range is very usefull in certain situations and 1 point in arcane meditation is kinda useless, so....Also I have 1 point in MA instead of SotM, just to help infest healing a bit on lk (not that it matters much anymore though).

Post 27 Apr 2010 15:29

Thanks for the quick reply Baltha, would you suggest i grab 1 or even 2 points in MA for Putri, Sindra and LK on Hardmodes, dropping one point in FT and SotM?