Mage discussion

Re: Mage discussion

Post 25 Mar 2010 00:21

Hello Paragon Mages, my toon is ok geared for ICC25, I would like to think I know my class very well, but if you have any opinions on my current spec, or any suggestions on things I should maybe get as far as gear goes, and a brief reason why, would really help. I know my haste is low, but apart from dislodged trinket, or a new weapon, I'm sort of in a hole on haste, but if there is anything you see that I can improve on, I'd greatly appreciate the assistance.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Buddylove

Post 27 Mar 2010 02:08

Hello and big Gz on lk hc

Im abit curious at what level of haste you guys are ready to drop black magic.
Im currently at 1029 haste in my current gear, and ill proberly swap out one of my trinket(the 80 haste passive toc normal one) for heroic object in the near future(our guild never had it dropped on neither normal or hc, but we gotten him down in hc two times now) which will net me another 90 haste unless im mistaken.

Currently i try to avoid combining my berserking/icyveins with BL, but i still go below GCD with only my own cds if black magic proccs in start.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... g&cn=Braus

Post 30 Mar 2010 17:37

Gratz on 25 LK HM kill... Maybe at some point my guild will also progress to that level..

I am curious to see what your damage is like in the 25 mans and where you seem to see yourself being ranked within the guild make up. I have seen that for obvious reasons arcane mages are not at the top of the dmg meters on overall damage, but tend to lead in dps output. I was in a group the other day with another mage with similar gear score as mine but they had the fire build as opposed to arcane. On both the Marrowgar and Lady Deathwhisper fight they were higher on both Overall DPS and DPS output and I am curious to see the reasoning. I looked over your gear and your SP/Hast/Hit/Crit numbers and with the exception of the fact that your gear is the Heroic Version in most cases where mine is not it would seem that if you were in my position your gear would be most likely the same. If I am somehow missing something or not seeing something that I should change with my gear please assist me. I know that I currently have two PVP items but the specifications on both items tend to assist me more than that of regular 10/25 man ICC non heroic loot at the moment. If you can when you have a chance look over my toon and see if I am missing anything I would appreciate it.

I have also inputted my information into RAWR to see if I am losing any dps by my own lack of abilities and it appears that I am on point for my gear. I am just confused on why a fire mage at this point would be doing more DPS output than an arcane mage. Was the patch that much to buff them? My link for my toon is below thanks again to anyone that can assist.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Crystalice

Post 01 Apr 2010 22:16

Dunno if i can help instead, in blue weak sockets, id proberly just go red gems, that is if u are arcane(if u are fbttw then u should keep going purified)
Not sure whats up with your chest sockets either and whats the thing with u going haste/spirit instead of purified :>

About mage dps, w/e u might be doing wrong i hope u are sticking to 4ab debuffs and then AM procc, the 2set bonus is just to good. Else, its pretty much all about planning ahead when to use evo and mana gem, which nowadays when it actually take a long time getting oom isnt that tough. Possibly time your cds with BL, and make sure u dont pop too many cds so u go under GCD. Also be certain to get a good position, the less moving the higher your dps will be, if u say stand on the legs of rotface u wont have to move from spray as often forexample, or if you are say dpsing saurfang adds be sure to not have the adds so they go out of range after knockback etc. Arcane is pretty stupid atm, its just about knowing the fight so u maximize your dps time and knowing ur cds.

Post 03 Apr 2010 07:05

Hi, could You tell Me, why most of mages are playin fire spec on Profesor Putricide ? I've saw Your logs and 2 fire mages on that fight, what is the diffrence between arcane on that fight and what advantage gave fire when compared to arcane ? tnx ;)

Post 12 Apr 2010 09:04

@Gromph

I guess it´s the 41y range and the dmg-buff below 35% boss-hp!

Post 13 Apr 2010 04:27

Yeah those things, plus the fact that fire has atm higher dmg potential than arcane. Only reason why I still play arcane on any ICC boss is, that I have slightly better gear for it.

Post 13 Apr 2010 04:34

Braus wrote:Hello and big Gz on lk hc

Im abit curious at what level of haste you guys are ready to drop black magic.
Im currently at 1029 haste in my current gear, and ill proberly swap out one of my trinket(the 80 haste passive toc normal one) for heroic object in the near future(our guild never had it dropped on neither normal or hc, but we gotten him down in hc two times now) which will net me another 90 haste unless im mistaken.

Currently i try to avoid combining my berserking/icyveins with BL, but i still go below GCD with only my own cds if black magic proccs in start.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... g&cn=Braus

You should swap BM for 63sp, when you start hitting gcd with bl+iv, which is around 1100-1200 haste. (for arcane)

Personally I would save my dkp for phylactery though...fire is the shit atm!

Fire Power?

Post 16 Apr 2010 01:37

Good day Mages of Paragon. Once again, congratulations on your World First 25m LK H mode kill. It was really a masterpiece to behold. I am a fellow mage here seeking advice on a few questions pertaining to ICC 25. I do appreciate your effort and feedback to get back to me and hope your insights benefit anyone who plays a mage =)

Firstly, this is a link to my armory.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Kerrigan

I do appreciate any opinions and feedback on optimisation of my gear to increase my damage output.

I have been seeing many Fireball TTW mages from top-end raiding guilds out performing Arcane mages on ICC boss fights most notably on Deathbringer Saurfang, Professor Putricide and Lich King and even BQL

1)Therefore my question to you all is if this is only made possible in very well geared Fire mages with a mix of 264 and 277 loot with a raid buffed crit percentage of >50%? If it is so then i would probably aim towards gathering items with high hit and crit/crit haste if hit capped.

2)Is this the stat priority for Fireball TTW spec
Hit>Spellpower>Crit>Haste>Spirit
Do correct me if im wrong.

2)What is the optimum rotation for Fireball TTW spec 18/53

3)Is Phylactery of the Nameless Lich and Dislodged Foreign Object the 2 Best In Slot trinkets for Fireball TTW

Thanks and once again a very big congratulations on LK HM25 kill. Couldn't have done it better!

Post 16 Apr 2010 23:47

1) Fire starts to outdmg arcane when you have gear that gives you 14% hit without sacrificing too much...Also if you're running with 2xreigns, you prolly should stick with arcane for most of the bosses. (for arcane 258 reign is still bis, but for fire nowhere near the top)...Like you said you should go for items with high hit and with crit/haste and get rid of your spirit gear..

2) Hit>Crit>Haste>Sp>Spirit (at least with my gear lvl) Differences between crit/haste/sp are not huge, so you should still go for 23sp gems for most sockets and ametrines on yellow sockets.

Lb up at all times -> spam fireball (pyro when hs procs)

3) yep