Fire Mage Reforge

Fire Mage Reforge

Post 04 Aug 2012 14:23

Hi,

I have some problems on reforge. I need to %17 hit cap i know.

But have problems on crit and haste.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... %A9/simple

And i have problems to use combustion. When i need to use it? I am using it when pyroblast crit.

Sory for my bad english.

Re: Fire Mage Reforge

Post 08 Aug 2012 21:44

Greetings Gobsfoe!

Your crit actually looks to be in great shape to me. Especially for your gear level. Essentially you're aiming to get hit capped at 17%, go for 1505 haste (with the tier 2 set, 2005 with out), and then gear up for some crit. Which you seem to have done very well.

As for your concern about when to use combustion. It's very situational. Combustion is your biggest DPS cooldown you have. Combustion takes the potential power of all the damage over time spells you placed on a target, duplicates them, and combines them into one super-dot as i like to call it. Naturally, you'll want to use combustion only when you have all your dots (Living bomb, pyroblast, and a ignite) on your target. Ignite being the most important.

It's very important to get a large ignite prior to using living bomb. This can be achieved best through a pyroblast proc since pyroblast hits harder then a fireball. You can track how large your ignite is with a few add ons like Combustion helper, my big ignite, etc etc.

There are times when you'll want to deviate away from the that strategy of fishing for big dots though. Dragon Soul has brought some ridiculously powerful trinkets and damage windows. For example, i would cast combustion with a smaller ignite if there there was a good opportunity to do impact spread on fights like Yorsahj or Warmaster Blackhorn. I would take smaller ignites as well on increased phases on Deathwing and Hagara. I might also take a lower damaging combustion in favor of utilizing haste windows. Whether it be from trinkets, procs, or Heroism/Blood lust/Time Warp. For example if Heroism has about 5 seconds left on its duration, it might be worth taking a smaller comustion for the sake of getting extra ticks off.

Sorry if i lost you in that wall of text, but just trying to answer your question thoroughly. Combustion has so many variables and conditions that it's hands down the most confusing aspect of the fire mage. If you didnt quite understand any of this. Let me know via private message or a post and i'll try to clarify. Additionally you could always pop over to Guromins thread and make a post there. he may pop in every now and then.

Re: Fire Mage Reforge

Post 09 Aug 2012 07:15

Thank you very much.

I am doing much better dps now =)