uh dk rotation

uh dk rotation

Post 18 Jul 2012 02:16

hey guys,
so I have started to raid on my dk.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... a/advanced
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what rotation is best for UH as i seem to spend a lot of time standing around waiting for my runes to come off cooldown. I looked around online but there were so many different suggestions that im really not sure whats best. i know the general ability priority.
thanks

Re: uh dk rotation

Post 18 Jul 2012 11:30

User avatarThasilian

I was going to just link thread from elitist jerks but I noticed they don't seem to have any compentium for unholy death knight so here is the unholy rotation in very simplified form.

For singletarget dps

First, use Unholy Presence.

1. Outbreak Frost Fever Blood Plague
2. Dark Transformation
3. Death and Decay
4. Scourge Strike
5. Festering Strike
6. Death Coil

Your first priority is to keep diseases up. Apply them by using outbreak and use enough festering strike to make them last until your outbreak is off cd again. If you somehow manage to drop diseases when outbreak is on cd you can apply them also with icy touch and plague strike but you should not need to do that if you use enough festering strike.

Second priority is to have death and decay always on the ground and on cd. After that you should use scourge strike with your unholy and death runes when ever they are up and death and decay is on cd. When your runes are not up use death coil and use dark transformation when it procs.

Festering Strike whenever you don't have Blood and Frost Runes, or need to extend your disease duration soon.

For AoE dps

1.Pestilence
2.Blood Boil

To several targets your roation is same as above exept you spread diseases with pestilence to all targets and use blood boil with your blood runes. You can also use icy touch to get rid of frost runes.

Cooldowns

Horn of Winter
Summon Gargoyle
Unholy Frenzy
Army of the Dead

Doing dps is a science, tanking is a job and healing is an art.

Post 18 Jul 2012 14:15

Thasilian, this isn't the priest thread, you traitor!

Post 21 Jul 2012 12:11

Thasi should be working on his smite rotation not dk rotation...