Casual or Hardcore

Casual or Hardcore

Post 08 May 2012 12:19

User avatarMonsteramous

Alright, so I'm pretty much on the line between being a hardcore progression raider and being a casual raider. The only problem is that I can't decide what I want to do.

I have the time, I'm able to raid 30-40 hours per week during progression. I'm able to take criticism, I don't mind sitting out for some fights, etc. I just don't know if I'm ready to put the effort in. I find that being a casual player is more fun. You meet more people, and you (well, me) don't rage as much when you wipe.

For the next expansion I might just take the approach of being casual. If we kill all the heroics so be it, if not who cares.

What do you guys think? Should I go casual, or try to get into a better progression guild? Accession is looking for a blood DK tank, so I'll probably apply.

Re: Casual or Hardcore

Post 08 May 2012 12:32

There are several different levels of hardcore raiding so I wouldn't put them under same category: There are world first guilds that raid for weeks pretty much non stop until the content is down, there are guilds that raid 6 nights a week until the content is down but the playtime is considerably shorter per session and there are guilds that play on the top level with a lot of dedication and skill involved but only raid 2 nights a week. All of those suit for different personalities and people with different goals.

You are the only one who can decide which way of playing is most fun for you but for me it looks like putting a lot of hours isn't really your thing at least based on your post. In the end that's what the game is about: Having fun, no matter what is it that you find most enjoyable.

Re: Casual or Hardcore

Post 08 May 2012 14:38

User avatarDiamondTear

If you have plenty of other things to do, go casual. But if you find yourself logging in even when you don't have to, you should probably stay hardcore.