4.3 Brief Fire Guide

Re: 4.3 Brief Fire Guide

Post 27 Apr 2012 02:56

Hello! First of all thanks for a great fire mage forum!

I need help to reforge my gear. I'm pretty sure I should go for more crit but I would need som help : ) how much haste should I reforge into crit?

Anyhow I am very tird of the RNG class but looks like I found a place (this forum) where I can learn a bit in how to be good at getting luck, if you understand what I mean :)

and should I use the Valor use trinket instead of the RF trinket?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... utt/simple

Post 27 Apr 2012 04:26

User avatarGuromin

Lileskrutt,

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/985 ... uot-Thread

http://www.simulationcraft.org/

Check the trinket thread for a brief overview or use Simulationcraft to be sure.

http://wowreforge.com

Use this website for reforging. Don't worry about the values at the bottom unless you know exactly what you want.

-Guromin

Post 27 Apr 2012 23:51

Thanks for your help, although i don't really understand how to use the reforge page you posted.
I have three other questions.

1. I know you shouldn't refresh living bomb until the first one explodes, but what happens if the mob dies before that, then you never get the explosion dps i assume?

2. If you spread the dots you have on a target with impact, then what happens if it proccs a hotstreak and you use for example a great combustion and spread dots with impact again? I mean is it mostly à dps gain when you spread dots with impact eventhough you already done it. I guess you somehow have to time it, so the living bombs have time to go off and explode ?
What I am trying to say is if you aren't satiesfied with the impact and dots within you just spread, then is it wort it if you gain a HOT and respread your dots. ?

3. Is there any frapses where i can watch you play?

Post 29 Apr 2012 07:40

User avatarGuromin

Hi,

With finals coming up I am extremely busy, so all of my answers will be shorter than I would like and not always posted as soon as I would like. In that regard I apologize, but I will be back to my normal schedule during the summer and then I will begin work on the new Elitist Jerk's Fire Mage Compendium as well as answer questions, more in depth, here.

**End Disclaimer**

1. If the bomb wont explode, don't cast it. There are some exceptions, but that should be the general rule for LB.

2.Combustion > All else. It's worth spreading the dot again without even a second thought about the minuscule damage you overwrite. I would never be concerned with spreading over Pyroblast! DOT. The only thing I would avoid is refreshing LB on a target nearing an explosion and then spreading it so that none of them explode. I hope that answers your question, but if it doesn't let me know.

3. Not right now, but it's something I get asked a lot and am considering. I'll post with more information at a later date.

-Guromin

Post 29 Apr 2012 13:46

Np Guromin, you answere and that is good enough :)

I understand, but what happens if you spread for example a pyro dot on targets that already have LB on it, will only the new pyro dot applicate to the targets and you now Will have the old LB dot on the target + the new pyro dot. Or will the spread copy all new dots to the target so the old LB dot disappears ?

Its kind of essential if you can add new dots that way to target/targets that already have dots on it. Or if you should just leave it and let the dots go out before renewing.

Thanks for a great forum!

Post 29 Apr 2012 14:54

*Nevermind; answered/no longer relevant*

Good luck on your finals, probably something I should be working on. -_-
Last edited by Daeton on 11 Jun 2012 18:40, edited 1 time in total.

Post 07 Jun 2012 18:50

Hey Guromin!

quick question, is it ever more dps gain to have living bomb on 2 targets a whole fight instead of nuking the one?

f.eks. standing in middle on morchok and keeping lb on both with dps'ing 1.

Post 08 Jun 2012 00:39

adari wrote:Hey Guromin!

quick question, is it ever more dps gain to have living bomb on 2 targets a whole fight instead of nuking the one?

I think its a dps increase if you have up to 3 living bombs rolling (warmaster blackhorns), unless you are trying to stack ignite.

Post 08 Jun 2012 00:59

Afua wrote:
adari wrote:Hey Guromin!

I think its a dps increase if you have up to 3 living bombs rolling (warmaster blackhorns), unless you are trying to stack ignite.
I know it's a dps increase if you keep 3 up due to the pyromaniac talent, but when there are only 2 adds. is it ever worth keepin lb up on the second?

Post 10 Jun 2012 00:09

User avatarGuromin

Living Bomb does more damage per cast time than Fireball so if you can cast it and it does explode it's more damage and worth doing. It takes an element of skill to execute because often it can cause you to sacrifice possible stacked ignites, so timing is everything.

You will not notice a huge increase in dps from this, but it is mathematically more effective.