4.3 Brief Fire Guide

Re: 4.3 Brief Fire Guide

Post 14 Mar 2012 23:49

Hi Guromin,

Im sure you have answered this question before...but i am having several issues on getting my ignites up above 20k or rather 30k is what i have been read to actually help. This week i tried doing the Pyroblast during the hagara fight and pre pull just to get a good Ignite up to start stacking..>however i am just getting bad RNG or doing something wrong....Which is culminating in me doing FAR less dps then i should be pulling on nearly every fight. My Other question is how often do you try to use Combustion, on a neutral fight..obviously there is going to be fights where you want to use it situational...and how many of the Stolen Time Buffs to get before popping the Pyro on.

And there has been several fights where Arcane is better. IE H Spine. Do you use the t13 with all the haste reforged off or do you go back to t12...

Jokker... Bonechewer US (Driven)

Post 15 Mar 2012 03:52

User avatarGuromin

jokker wrote:Im sure you have answered this question before...but i am having several issues on getting my ignites up above 20k or rather 30k is what i have been read to actually help. This week i tried doing the Pyroblast during the hagara fight and pre pull just to get a good Ignite up to start stacking..>however i am just getting bad RNG or doing something wrong....Which is culminating in me doing FAR less dps then i should be pulling on nearly every fight.

Without logs I can't tell what is going on and even with them it's difficult and time consuming to determine exactly what is causing the error. I certainly can't tell if it's RNG or not without logs. There's some information on Elitist Jerk's website about Ignite Munching and Ignite Stacking that will help you to understand how to get those 30k ignites. I recommend checking that out. It could be RNG, but you should see it happen sometimes.

As a side note, reforging for mastery over crit will severely hinder your chances of getting ignite to stack.

My Other question is how often do you try to use Combustion, on a neutral fight..obviously there is going to be fights where you want to use it situational...and how many of the Stolen Time Buffs to get before popping the Pyro on.

Whatever does the most damage. Usually the answer to this is as many times as possible, but sometimes it's more effective to use it less times if when it is used it does more damage than normal (eg. AoE, increased damage taken on the boss). At the start of the fight I use combustion as soon as I have a good ignite. I never ever wait for full stacks of Stolen Time because it doesn't make ignite come off CD any faster. It takes about 5 seconds to build up a stack of Stolen Time which is what would be reduced on Combustion.

And there has been several fights where Arcane is better. IE H Spine. Do you use the t13 with all the haste reforged off or do you go back to t12...

If it's progression I switch my reforging. If my reforging has even a chance of being make or break on the fight I change it for the fight. If I want to get a record on the fight I change my reforging for it. On farm content I just stick to my normal reforging for fire Hit > Crit > Haste > Mastery.

Flowform Choker is worse than the valor neck if you don't put a 50 int gem in it.
Your staff is cool for others, but will hinder your dps. I recommend using Lightning Rod from Hagara. The haste proc from Ti'tahk is unreliable and not always a big increase for others.

Post 15 Mar 2012 04:14

Thanks Guromin....

I am only a couple of weeks ill have my legendary done so i was just kind of chillin for that staff...but next hagara staff that drops ill steal if it doesnt drop before my legendary

As for the neck piece I replaced that...

Unfortunately we havnt been running logs for some reason last couple of weeks...i am running them now for next weeks clear ill post those if you want...but thanks for the help nonetheless.. before i posted this i am familiar with how ignite munching and stacking works..however I am baffled on to why im doing so bad thats why i asked... so i will get those Logs to you asap...thanks again :)

Post 19 Mar 2012 22:22

Any tips for heroic Spine? I'm forced to spec arcane for that fight in my fire gear which greatly upsets me so i was wondering if you had any usefull advice?

Post 20 Mar 2012 04:06

User avatarGuromin

Zapzorz,

Reforge for Mastery because it is the best. Obtain a bursty trinket to use along with Will of the Unbinding. Bottled Wishes and the PvP trinkets are good choices for burst. When the tendon is being lifted, you want to have near full mana, a mana gem (if off CD), Arcane Power, PoM, and your trinket all off CD. Use a targeting macro that targets the tendon and also uses Arcane Blast for the initial hit.

I use a shield while the Amalgamation begins to explode, then cast Arcane Blast, then cast the other shield. After the last shield I use PoM and begin to spam my trinket while not targeted on anything. When the tendon appears I click a macro set up that uses all of my CD's at once and I begin to burn. My record is 2.03 million in one tendon phase, but on average I do anywhere from 1.3 to 1.8 million to the tendon. The second opening of a tendon doesn't count for the same scale because often it's not open as long.

Once your guild gets to the last tendon consistently I started saving my potion for that and use it with Blood Lust to burn down that tendon asap. It's very helpful to have that tendon as low as possible on the first go round so it's an easy victory the second time around.

Spine is a hard fight, so I wish you the best of luck,

-Guromin

Post 14 Apr 2012 04:42

hi guromin, thanks for your advice i got better damage now (it took a bit of exercising, but it worked.
My question tody is about spine and arcane. Is it better to use will of unbinding (normal) and Valor trinket or should i use will of unbinding (normal) and insignia hc? My thought was to use the first combo to get burst, but someone recommended insignia to me, i dislike the tempo proc because of the danger to fall under 1s with arcane blast. Just to be sure i ask you, which is the better choice?

greetings from vienna,
Vongol

Post 14 Apr 2012 17:51

User avatarGuromin

Whatever you do don't use a random-proc trinket on that fight (especially one that gives haste because the last thing you want is for Arcane Blast's cast time to be less than 1 second). You want controlled, well-timed bursts of damage. I would recommend using the Valor Trinket because it provides you with the most burst (along with Will of the Unbinding), but if your guild has no problems with Tendon Damage, then it would be acceptable to use a trinket that will help you burn Amalgamations down faster. Shard of Woe is an excellent example of a trinket you could use to accomplish this. Speaking from experience I would recommend to use the Valor Trinket because it's demoralizing to wipe on the very last tendon because you needed just 50k more damage. You wont regret using the Valor Trinket, but you might seriously regret using Shard of Woe.

-Guromin

Post 18 Apr 2012 21:41

Hey mate,
I'm sure you get to many of these and you hate doing them but could you have a look over my logs? I feel I am doing too low dps for my ilvl I have ilvl 397 and am only just pushing 34k dps on ultraxion =/ Maybe there is something wrong I am doing?
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5 ... 761&e=6112
Thanks a lot.

Post 21 Apr 2012 04:35

User avatarGuromin

Hi,

There's a few things I've noticed from looking over your logs. I think a more in-depth understanding of the class would help you to do more damage. Most of the suggestions I have for you are rather negligible and wont increase your damage to the 40k range, which I suspect is what you want.

I would recommend reading over (fully) the Elitist Jerk's thread and attempting to understand how each mechanic works so you can diagnose, for yourself, what the best method for increasing your dps is. Ultimately, that knowledge is what will truly increase your damage. For example, your combustion damage is very low and there's a lot of room for improvement there. If your Combustion damage was as high as Merlín's your damage would have been much stronger. I realize he has every advantage gear wise, but I think there's something to be said for the skill it takes to get that much Combustion damage. One thing I've learned to do is time when I use my intellect procs and Hot Streak proc's to increase my odds of multiple crits. If you fully understand what Ignite Munching and Ignite Stacking is (explained on EJ's) you will learn to play more dynamically and that will increase your damage.

I will also mention that your RNG wasn't spectacular on that attempt and with some more crits your damage would have been much higher. Hopefully Mists will help to alleviate Fire's reliance on RNG, but I suspect that we will all be playing Arcane at first.

Anyway, more item level (a better trinket for sure), more class knowledge and a little better luck would help your damage out.

If you have any questions on specific mechanics I may be able to help you more than just looking over your logs.

-Guromin

Post 26 Apr 2012 21:03

Hi,

I sent you a PM about a week ago and I am just checking I got the name and stuff right?
If you have got it and just haven't had time to reply or something, I apologise.