Fire mage gear help

Fire mage gear help

Post 01 Mar 2012 07:46

Hey everyone so the past few weeks ive been trying to figure out how to gear talking to different mages and finally decided to post here. Well my dilema is i dont know what to reforge into haste or mastery some mages are at 2100-2200 haste with little mastery and then some are at 1505-1700 haste then like 15% mastery simC says mastery is higher then rawr says haste is higher so i dont know what to do any help would be apprecited.i can post a link to my character and i also have a world of logs to show to.

thanks

Re: Fire mage gear help

Post 01 Mar 2012 15:44

It depends on what you're doing and where your gear levels are at. Generally mages with the legendary will value you haste more then mastery. AoE heavy fights such as Yorsahj will favor mastery over haste.

I personally like to go with Mastery but it wouldn't be a huge difference if i went with haste.

Post 01 Mar 2012 17:42

Thanks for responding, My item level is 394 and unfortunately i dont have the legendary staff yet.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/e ... ncy/simple Thers a link to my character if you could take a look at it tell me what i could do different would be much apreciated.

Post 06 Mar 2012 16:14

Gear looks pretty solid. Only thing i'd suggest is replacing that ring. if you're exalted with FL rep, go ahead and get that ring. Otherwise just kill Heroic Shannox. I know the infinite loop is kinda tough to fish for. In either event though, that one upgrade isnt going to be noticeable on the charts.

Post 06 Mar 2012 20:02

WishIWasAWarlock wrote:Gear looks pretty solid. Only thing i'd suggest is replacing that ring. if you're exalted with FL rep, go ahead and get that ring. Otherwise just kill Heroic Shannox. I know the infinite loop is kinda tough to fish for. In either event though, that one upgrade isnt going to be noticeable on the charts.

yeah im trying to replace it but any idea if i should have more haste ? or keep it the way it is now and go for a bit more mastery?