Resto Druid haste cap help

Resto Druid haste cap help

Post 24 Jul 2011 15:16

My 10 man group that I raid with use to have the 5% spell haste buff, and I would get to the 2005 haste breakpoint for the WG/Effloresence ticks and then reforge to mastery. We ended up switching our roster around, and now we have a DI on me, but no 5% spell haste in the group. I saw a forum post on mmo-champ I can no longer find saying going to 1184 haste is my best bet, but I'm not entirely sure how accurate that post was. With just a dark intent and no 5% spell haste, what cap should I aim for? Here's a link to my armory to show about how much haste I could possibly get to. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/n ... s/advanced

Re: Resto Druid haste cap help

Post 24 Jul 2011 18:43

Playing without the 5% haste buff is just not an option in a high-end raiding guild.

Post 24 Jul 2011 22:02

Post 25 Jul 2011 00:11

I've seen that chart before, but I was wondering if there was one with DI without raid buff of 5% spell haste.

Post 25 Jul 2011 05:49

Thank you. And I can't hit the 2292 cap, but I can hit 1698. Is that worth it or should I just stay at 1494?

Post 25 Jul 2011 06:29

Sincerely, you will barely feel any difference going for Lifebloom or Regrowth breakpoints. Lifebloom are usually refreshed before they last their entire duration, so you just don't feel that extra tick, haste is simply linear in this case. Regrowth HoT ticks are just too weak and sparingly used to focus on having an extra tick or not.

Focus on Rejuvenation and WG/Efflo breakpoints. If you can't get to 2292, stay at 1184 for the Tranquility+Rejuvenation one.

Post 25 Jul 2011 07:42

Is it worth it to sacrifice intellect to hit the 2292 break point? I know both of those hots are very strong so I'd imagine it would be to a certain extent.

Post 25 Jul 2011 08:50

It is definitely worth it, but the amount depends. As a 10 man raider, you probably doesn't use WG/Efflo as heavily as a 25 man raider, but it's still very solid as it's a flat 12.5% increase on both. It's extremely valuable on fights like Beth'tilac and Majordomo Staghelm where Wild Growth and Efflorescence shines.

Don't forget that you need to consider what you may lose in Spirit, Mastery and Crit, if you are going to downgrade, as well.

I'm currently geared towards 2292 Haste, with the same situation as you. My Armory. With some gemming and reforging towards haste, without losing too much. I'm happy with it, but it will get a lot harder when I reach the 4 piece T12 bonus.

Post 25 Jul 2011 23:24

With every single piece of gear reforged to haste, I came out to 2081 haste rating. I'd have to drop a little over 200 intellect to break the cap, could anyone verify if dropping that much intellect is worth it?