Arcane dps problem

Arcane dps problem

Post 16 Aug 2011 07:33

Hi everyone.

So my problem is as follow. I have ran some theorycrafts simulations etc etc on few different programs and everylast one of them tells i should manage to do about 19.5k dps but i for some reason cant quite get there i hover around 13-17k.
my rotations are something like this: i make managem with presence of mind way before boss starts to get 2 free crits early on.
on pull i make mirror images 2-3sec before pull then i go AB spam for like 3-5 times eat managem and pop cd's and burn mana all the way to 25-35% then i go with AB 3-5x AMx2 if possible and try to hover about 10-20sec top 60% mana then i pop my flame orb and spam AM to regen mana then when ready going back to burn phase.
my armory link is : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/c ... mir/simple

so if you could give me some pointers about what im doing wrong and i know that im missing few enchants and couple wrong gems but simulation was done ofc with gear i posted before and still i cant get there :F

cant get myself into guilds progression group because of my low dps and i realy would like to rise it to lvl of my gear +18k to get into FL group :) thank you hope your advices help me :)

Re: Arcane dps problem

Post 16 Aug 2011 11:05

What about evocation which give you 60% mana back ? The key is burn phase then evocation then eco phase ( 3-4 AB 1 AM) then when cd is up burn phase again. But that's the basic . I'm pretty sure Guromin is going to write a completer post to help you out. But it's really basic question which you could have answer yourself reading this forum or Googling (arcane cycle)

Post 16 Aug 2011 12:21

i know that after burn u do evocation -.- just forgot to type

Post 16 Aug 2011 21:29

I think your low DPS comes down to A LOT of minor mistakes and (maybe) 1 major, which together makes you lose tons of DPS.

The major mistake is: I see glyph of molten armor... You wan't glyph of mage armor, and you wanna use it! Molten armor is not worth it for arcane.

Rotation:
You should on pull pop potion. This can help you push your damage a little further (Volcanic Potion that is). Then you do your 4 AB (you should have lost your 12k mana, if not just throw one more) then pop gem + AP + trinkets (in your case, Soul Casket). Then you go for the 30%. Make sure you don't have anything interrupting your evo for 5 seconds, and then pop it. Then you just stay on 90-95% mana. This takes practice practice practice! You can use ManaMagenementBar if you like, it can help some times.
Don't go for 60% mana and regain it with flame orb. Flame orb should just be used off cooldown ALL the time, unless you know you will have to move in like 10-15 seconds, you can use it there if blink is not enough / to much.
Personally I pop mirrors about 10 seconds into my AP (AP Makes it instant = no damage loss) and it removes my threat, so the latter you can pop it the better, but ofc you wan't it off cooldown, so it can get back again :) Just like flame orb.

Gems / Enchants
You mention that you know you lack enchants / you have wrong gems, why don't you fix it? It's not enough to just realise it. It would give you a damage buff, and that's what you want :)
I recommend improved blink, but it's up to every mage if they like to use it or not. I use it, and take the 2 points from Nether Vortex.

Get rid of spirit items (bracer) and gem correctly. When you say you know they are wrong, I dunno how much you know so I will add it anyway:

Int in every socket!
If the socket bonus is 20 int, get Hit + Int or Mastery + Int.
Hit or Mastery + speed on boots.
Mastery on hands.
Bigger shoulder enchant.
40 int + belt buckle with 40 int in belt.
There's probably more, but these were just the ones I found at first glance.

And to get even more damage? Abuse your Mage Ward. Whenever you know you will be hit by fire damage within 30 sec, pop it! Fx: Smoldering devestation at Beth, Spear at Shannox, Scorpion Phase at Majordomo, Traps at Ragnaros. There's more for sure, but these are the major ones.

Hope this helps,

Shizzy @ Darksorrow
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... y/advanced

Did everybody see that? Because I will NOT be doing it again! Cpt. Jack Sparrow

Post 19 Aug 2011 02:03

thanks that realy helped me + my gear is updated since u saw it i think. but gems not changed though :) well anyways thanks for help and btw after i posted i got into my guilds FL group been and they raided it for 2weeks now and im allready 4/6 :) ty for infos