With or without?

With or without?

Post 06 Jul 2010 22:21

Hey Paragon members.

Yet another fan-boy here. he he

Have you tried icc25 without the hellscream buff? ( Not sure about the name, but the percentage buff)
Are you doing it with it cause you'd want to finish faster?

And congrats on the Ruby Sanctum kill. Was that a one-shot?:)

Sincerely Peio.

Re: With or without?

Post 07 Jul 2010 08:56

http://static.paragon-wow.com/00x_200_p ... alion2.jpg

corpses in the background suggest it was not a one shot.

Post 07 Jul 2010 09:01

That's fake ya know ? :)

Well thinking when the servers came back up that day, and what the clock was when they had the kill, it seemd like they didn't need many tries. Which I find icredibly good, I claimed server first of the 10man HC version, and we really whiped alot to get the feeling into these beams.

So REALLY gj to both you and FTH.

Post 07 Jul 2010 10:33

User avatarxenophics

We haven't done ICC 25-man without the zone buff ever because it doesn't offer anything special. I doubt we'll ever even try it.

About Halion, we could have gotten the kill faster, it definitely wasn't a one-shot.

Post 07 Jul 2010 15:39

I'd actually like to know xeno, what was the reasons for not a oneshot ? I could imagine for ppl like you that the encounter is fairly easy.

Was it beam failing ?
Zones ?
Adds ?

You name it. Could be interesting to hear what you struggled with.

Post 07 Jul 2010 17:14

User avatarDiamondTear

Jakkemaster wrote:I'd actually like to know xeno, what was the reasons for not a oneshot ? I could imagine for ppl like you that the encounter is fairly easy.

Was it beam failing ?
Zones ?
Adds ?

You name it. Could be interesting to hear what you struggled with.

Largest proportion of wipes was probably due to beams, but they weren't by any means the only reason.

The reason it took us so long to kill Halion was that we brought the bare minimum of healers (6). This mean that if one of the healers died for some reason, we were destined for a wipe. The optimal amount would have probably been 8 (one backup for each zone), but we didn't have 8 available so we ended up downing Halion with 7.

Post 07 Jul 2010 17:38

Aha, is the 25man healing really that intensive ??

Yea I kinda noticed you had 7 healers on the kill.
We finaly mastered the beams to our finger nails after 10 hours of whiping (10man only tho)

I personally can't wait to go progress on the 25man HC version, since I personally think the encounter is really cool, and playing it on the HC mode is pure enjoyment.

Post 08 Jul 2010 19:51

Thanks for the reply! Appreciated

Post 08 Jul 2010 23:59

xenophics wrote:We haven't done ICC 25-man without the zone buff ever because it doesn't offer anything special. I doubt we'll ever even try it.

About Halion, we could have gotten the kill faster, it definitely wasn't a one-shot.

There is no concrete evidence that there is a feat of strength or something of that nature for killing H:LK w/o the buff, but I remember reading a blue post a few weeks back saying something to the effect of, "There is still an available achievement in the game that has yet to be completed by anyone." It's easy to speculate and think that this could possibly mean that there is, in fact, a reward for killing H:LK without any buff active. I'll search around for the exact post and update my post if I am able to find it.

edit: here's the post http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/13593419 ... fore-cata/

Post 09 Jul 2010 06:36

Hozz wrote:
xenophics wrote:We haven't done ICC 25-man without the zone buff ever because it doesn't offer anything special. I doubt we'll ever even try it.

There is no concrete evidence that there is a feat of strength or something of that nature for killing H:LK w/o the buff, but I remember reading a blue post a few weeks back saying something to the effect of, "There is still an available achievement in the game that has yet to be completed by anyone." It's easy to speculate and think that this could possibly mean that there is, in fact, a reward for killing H:LK without any buff active. I'll search around for the exact post and update my post if I am able to find it.

edit: here's the post http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/13593419 ... fore-cata/

But is he talking about Ruby Sanctum, because the post was written on 05/26/2010, so much before RS. I think he meant that RS is still coming for all the be achieved, but not sure though.