Sindy 25 man Heroic

Sindy 25 man Heroic

Post 12 Jun 2010 10:44

My guild is stuck on this encounter now for ever, and we seem to be making no progress at all and am looking for some advice or help...

Typically we wipe at around the 7-8 minute mark, although there is some stupidity early on, and sometimes we wipe on frost bombs when some people just cant refrain from dps the tombs...

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0j4y4yrfqzjuvxji/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/py3io6vyknef0a2g/

Above is 2 logs of our 22 attempts or so...

Any critique , advice is accepted. Serious replies pls, no drama or omg you cant do it with the 20% buff, we are a social guild who likes raiding a lot and all hold full time jobs who is looking for a bit of extra help.

At the moment we have tried two tactics,
2x2x2 ice tombs on the stairs, and the for the horde tactic with the staggered ice tombs at the back...

Re: Sindy 25 man Heroic

Post 12 Jun 2010 23:29

Well, we killed him last ID, so obviously I'm not in a pro guild but maybe I have a better perspective at your Problems.

P1 isn't a problem, P2 is just all about discipline. We used 3 x 2 Tombs stacked at the stairs (make sure the marked people get shielded/hoted).

The hard part is p3, however we worked a way out that works great for us.
At first anyone with the Casting Debuff does nothing, and even when they only have one stack, make sure they reset it outside of the raid.
We used 8 healers so they also can stop healing, however in emergency cases make sure they use their defensive cooldowns, maybe even a Pain Sup or else when they reset their stacks.
What really helped us a lot was, when we started to make sure the actual tank is on the same side withe the Tomb where the raid resets their Wing Buffet, so healers just can reset while they are still in LOS of the tank.
Furthermore we used seperated TS channels to ease the communication between healers and tanks.
I would as well recommend everyone to wear one frost resist item.

Anything else is just pure discipline, don't go crazy when the boss gets low, just exactly follow your scheme. We didn't use Heroism in some trys just because it seemed DDs got crazy when they were lusted and didn't give a shit at their stacks or movement. ^^

ps. when you hit the enrage timer, make sure people are not moving behind the tombs wiht 8 seconds left on the buffet and standing there until it is off.
You can time it pretty well, moving in @ 5-4 seconds and out @ 1 is still safe and you don't lose nearly as much dmg. I believe you can even walk out @ 2 seconds but haven't tried it yet.

Post 13 Jun 2010 18:19

You can time it pretty well, moving in @ 5-4 seconds and out @ 1 is still safe and you don't lose nearly as much dmg. I believe you can even walk out @ 2 seconds but haven't tried it yet.

I think you are seeing this wrong, unless I completely misread it. What you're referring to is resetting Mystic Buffet. This isn't achieved at a certain time left on your debuff. The debuff duration is shorter than the time in between Mystic Buffet pulses that Sindragosa puts out. What that tells you is that all you need to do is LoS the pulse (large graphic like Arcan Explosion), and then your debuff will inevitably expire before the next pulse, leaving you free to heal/DPS away from the block respectively.

Post 14 Jun 2010 02:31

yeah that is what I'm talking about, maybe it was just luck, however it worked for me the way i described it.

whatever...just make sure people don't stand there half the fight even if it is not needed ;)

Post 19 Jun 2010 18:04

With some practice a healer can cast at about 30-50 efficiency with unchained magic even in phase 3. This is generally not necessary to defeat the encounter, though (indeed if you got good enough healers to work out how to do this you probably don't need them actually doing it).

Personally I think there's a few key aspects to defeating this encounter. Firstly: minimizing damage taken, secondly destroying ice blocks fast (especially if a healer is inside one, with DPS you can wait to make sure even slower people reset their debuffs) and thirdly timing cooldowns well.

Frost resistance on tanks and select DPS (flask & enchant, not resistance gear as such) can greatly help here.