Recruitment rly ?

Recruitment rly ?

Post 26 May 2010 18:25

I was so damn curious on what stood on the recruitment-pageso i had a friend that knows a bit finnish to translate it partially for me :)

Was just thinking that if u guys have thoose requirements as for lk10hc kill and lk25hc
or 11/12hc kill before the buffs, are u guys aware of how many excellent players u guys are missing due to the fact that they are in guilds that are stuck on some bosses.
Pretty tough requirements imo considering u have to be finnish too :)

Just a thought ^^

And gratz on WF, awsome job peepz :)

Re: Recruitment rly ?

Post 26 May 2010 18:27

Paragon is the best PvE-Guild in the world, don't you think that they only want the best out of the best?

And (if I understand it right) they want LKHC 10 without 15% buff, though with 10% buff, and 11/12 25 without 10% buff, tough with 5% buff

Post 26 May 2010 18:34

ur not reading my post correct.

im just thinkging out loud: that there might be awsome finnish players hiding in the not so good guilds that wouldnt even stand a 5 second chance applying here.

thats all :)

Post 26 May 2010 19:51

User avatarxenophics

Norath is right, we might miss some of those diamonds (excellent players) because we put up hight requirements for possible recruits.

It's easier for the officers to handle all the applications since we get less of them. We have also been pretty satisfied with the applications, so we feel that we didn't put the bar too high.

Post 03 Jun 2010 19:05

User avatarDiamondTear

xenophics wrote: those diamonds (excellent players)

QFT

To OP: If those excellent players are still in the very bad guilds, it's likely that they aren't interested in leaving anyways.

Post 03 Jun 2010 22:24

I think paragon can be (more) insane guild if they start inv people outside the country Finland or people who can speak English

Post 04 Jun 2010 06:22

I think that one of the things that makes Paragon such a insane guild is that they can easily talk to each other, they have much easyer to express oneself.. But just a thought :)

Post 04 Jun 2010 06:30

User avatarmeth

There have been, are and will always be hardcore raiding guilds on the forefront of WoW that are either international or national. Paragon, For The Horde or Wraith are examples of a guild that focuses on one language that is not English while Ensidia, Inner Sanctum or Method are examples of mixed guilds that use English to communicate.

If one would include American guilds in the list, for whom English is not the language of choice but just their mother tongue, and Asian guilds who are also coming from one country, either Korea or China/Taiwan (to distinguish the languages), one can actually say that currently the guilds that focus on their national language are a) the majority and b) much more successful.

Post 05 Jun 2010 14:58

User avatarLazei

Our recruits have been from 20-350 ranked guilds so we do make exceptions when they are needed. One of our new recruits has played WoW for less than 6 months for example. Some members have been invited because of their amazing show of skill in other games without much WoW experience.

Its true that there are amazing players in lesser guilds and we would like to recruit them. The problem is that many of them can't provide any proof of their "mad skillz" other than their word and we can't just test everyone who says they are good. I hate every guy who pm's me saying that they are an amazing player but they are "stuck" in a 500-1000 ranked guild. I honestly don't care.. Climb the ladder: join a better guild and in time apply away from a better guild. If you are as good as you say you are it isn't a problem. You just can't expect to be accepted with those kinds of merits without someone vouching for you.

We are VERY strict when it comes to recruiting. Only one trial has failed in Paragon and he was later invited for retrial (back then we weren't quite sure if we could fit him in, but he was good enough to be tested. Sadly we just couldn't give him raid spot because of his class. He is back now). Only one new member has left to join another guild. Remember that we weren't always a top guild and there have been times when we weren't doing well.

When we killed LK25H our guild roster only had 5 totally random members we had recruited along the way compared to the 19 original members from 1.5 years ago, 7 from Kosmonavts merge during Ulduar and one old friend of the guild.

Post 03 Jul 2010 15:41

User avatarzYN

lol2k wrote:I think paragon can be (more) insane guild if they start inv people outside the country Finland or people who can speak English

I definitely agree that the talent pool is definitely a lot deeper if a guild decides to be international. Any other argument is just silly.

I just don't think we're ever going to go down that road, unless we start getting paid salaries that rival real jobs. It would totally transform the identity we have in the guild, the overall feeling and how we handle things. Basically, it'd be like playing in a completely different guild. There's just no point in it without some substantial benefits, as the downsides are many.

There's plenty of other factors into keeping a guild up and running. One of the biggest factor is having core members who stay with the guild. Especially if they're skilled. Being able to speak Finnish is a major plus for a lot of the core members.

Keeping members happy reduces the amount of players you need to keep recruiting. They're far less susceptible to quit the game and there's very low chances they're gonna go elsewhere. This is a rather crucial point to understand when trying to maintain a high level of skill in the guild, especially if one is in a management position. Surprisingly enough (or not), this applies to real-world situations too where you're dealing with employees.

It's not easy to find players who are willing to skip a day of work or school when an instance will become available. It's even harder to find one that speaks Finnish or isn't somehow stupid. And it's close to impossible to find one that's seriously good, has the motivation and learns quick.

What it boils down to, is this: Would a small potential gain be worth the rather high risks and decline in loyalty/happiness? In this case, definitely not.

As long as there's no major crisis and we can consistently perform at high level, there's no real need for "going international" or otherwise try to reinvent ourselves.