FTH

Re: FTH

Post 12 Apr 2010 21:52

I have to say only one thing. Amazing. Extremely overloading to play full of the time without any major fails (20mins). Never seen something so incredible in this game. (Everyone should remember Muru) Only 7mins fight and it was still hard for lots of guilds. There is only one guild before all far far away and it is PARAGON.

Great job. Uskomatonta, että tästä maasta löytyy ees jonkun asian taitajia, jotka ovat ylivoimasesti maailman parhaita!

GJ ja onnea Cataan!

Post 13 Apr 2010 05:07

Niroth wrote:FTH deserves credit for their kill, just as Paragon deservers it for theirs. It is different credit of course because Paragon's was the world first.

What I find quite interesting, althoght I don't think it is a major factor, is that both guilds are from Europe BUT limit themselves to one language which in both cases ain't English.

It makes me wonder if guilds where all members have the same native language gives them a form of advantage, but I don't see any convincing factors for that overall. In the past it has usually been mixed guilds in terms of nationalities and mother tongue that did the World Firsts and it would also mean that US guilds would have to be much stronger.
There is an advantage lol people are more of a family for one and its easier to understand each other..in ensidia they all sound speak english but its different from person to person..information can be missed

Post 13 Apr 2010 05:09

I 100% guarantee ensidia's kill will be more recognized then FTH's..which sucks since ensidia put in 10 times less work since they got tactics =/ FTH and Paragon are the only guilds who deserve real praise for this kill to be honest

Post 13 Apr 2010 06:38

Phansiku wrote:I 100% guarantee ensidia's kill will be more recognized then FTH's..which sucks since ensidia put in 10 times less work since they got tactics =/ FTH and Paragon are the only guilds who deserve real praise for this kill to be honest

So your argument is basically "Ensidia never attempted Lich King Heroic before the video was released." The tactics were the same for all 3 kills. Maybe movement here or there was different, but they each utilized the same strats (as all 3 have said) just with different setups - which is probably the real key to Paragon's early success.

Every guild that beats LK H deserves praise. Without a doubt.

Post 13 Apr 2010 08:09

User avatarmeth

Phansiku wrote:There is an advantage lol people are more of a family for one and its easier to understand each other..in ensidia they all sound speak english but its different from person to person..information can be missed

Yes that is an advantage BUT the past has shown that the World Firsts, if the came from Europe, were done by guilds that had people from various countries and communicated in English.

And if language would be such a big advantage, the American guilds should be way stronger than they are.

So yes, it is an advantage somehow, but I don't think it can really be weighted that much.

On FTH: Of course Ensidia gets more recognition. Ensidia are the past champions. Paragon are the new. FTH flows inbetween with rock solid results for year but without the amount of recognition one should expect from that. Might be partly adressed to the language limitation to German and that the German scene is quite huge on its own, thereby bypassing the English one (maybe)

Post 13 Apr 2010 15:21

arkadin wrote:
Phansiku wrote:I 100% guarantee ensidia's kill will be more recognized then FTH's..which sucks since ensidia put in 10 times less work since they got tactics =/ FTH and Paragon are the only guilds who deserve real praise for this kill to be honest

So your argument is basically "Ensidia never attempted Lich King Heroic before the video was released." The tactics were the same for all 3 kills. Maybe movement here or there was different, but they each utilized the same strats (as all 3 have said) just with different setups - which is probably the real key to Paragon's early success.

Every guild that beats LK H deserves praise. Without a doubt.

Everyguild that kills it after FTH you know will have used the video to do the fight...using a video makes it easier. A LOT easier

Post 13 Apr 2010 15:25

Niroth wrote:
Phansiku wrote:There is an advantage lol people are more of a family for one and its easier to understand each other..in ensidia they all sound speak english but its different from person to person..information can be missed

Yes that is an advantage BUT the past has shown that the World Firsts, if the came from Europe, were done by guilds that had people from various countries and communicated in English.

And if language would be such a big advantage, the American guilds should be way stronger than they are.

So yes, it is an advantage somehow, but I don't think it can really be weighted that much.

On FTH: Of course Ensidia gets more recognition. Ensidia are the past champions. Paragon are the new. FTH flows inbetween with rock solid results for year but without the amount of recognition one should expect from that. Might be partly adressed to the language limitation to German and that the German scene is quite huge on its own, thereby bypassing the English one (maybe)

American guilds arent as good as EU guilds =/

Post 13 Apr 2010 16:07

User avatarmeth

Which underlines my point that being from one country and speaking the same language is helpful but does not create a huge difference and advantage.

Post 13 Apr 2010 16:12

Niroth wrote:Which underlines my point that being from one country and speaking the same language is helpful but does not create a huge difference and advantage.
You're right..its an advantage but nothing too major

Post 13 Apr 2010 16:13

I think what happens is you attract the best from that country