Please clear this up once and for all ..

Please clear this up once and for all ..

Post 28 Mar 2010 13:03

Firstly Gratz on your clear, cant wait to see the video .

As has been announced, your clear compo did not even comprise of a single mage , in comparison to say 3 warlocks or 3 Druid Dps( hybrids)

The fact that not even a single mage has been given a spot in a 25 man raid , goes to suggest that the mage class , though it seemed to be competitive, is actually falls behind in some aspect that you thought it would've been a wasted spot ( considering youve proceeded to clear w/o arcane intellect , a dps and healing booster)

A clarification of your choice would be appreciated, or perhaps an agreement with my statements

Thanks
Gz again

Re: Please clear this up once and for all ..

Post 28 Mar 2010 13:19

Magus wrote:As has been announced, your clear compo did not even comprise of a single mage , in comparison to say 3 warlocks or 3 Druid Dps( hybrids)

The fact that not even a single mage has been given a spot in a 25 man raid , goes to suggest that the mage class , though it seemed to be competitive, is actually falls behind in some aspect that you thought it would've been a wasted spot

Yes, we figured that mage would do very slightly less dps than some other classes which we had available. So we took the setup we though optimal as it was a first kill attempt.

Magus wrote:( considering youve proceeded to clear w/o arcane intellect , a dps and healing booster)

Fel Intelligence.

Post 28 Mar 2010 14:35

User avatararx

To clarify even more, I'd like to add that we're dealing with very, very minor differences here. It would go down with a raid that has three mages too.

If something gives 100% and something else gives 99.9%, you'll obviously go for the full 100% when minmaxing for a first kill, even though in practice it makes very little difference.

arx / xaar

Post 28 Mar 2010 15:07

Aye Arx but a 12 ++ ( talents/bok) intellect to most raid members and focus magic ( 2 raiders 3% crit) accounts in this minor difference u describe . Lets wait and see other raid guilds comps.

Thanks for your answers.

Post 28 Mar 2010 16:38

User avatararx

Magus wrote:Aye Arx but a 12 ++ ( talents/bok) intellect to most raid members and focus magic ( 2 raiders 3% crit) accounts in this minor difference u describe . Lets wait and see other raid guilds comps.

If it wasn't obvious, we actually account for buffs and synergy instead of selecting characters based on dummy dps meters when forming a raid.

Once again: mages are fine. We thought we'd be slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly slightly better off with stacking them out of the raid.

arx / xaar

Post 30 Mar 2010 01:13

I would've thought that Arcane Empowerment would be pretty awesome for the fight.

Post 30 Mar 2010 04:02

User avatarGlowyrm

Araos wrote:I would've thought that Arcane Empowerment would be pretty awesome for the fight.

Sanctified Retribution takes the place of Arcane Empowerment if I'm not mistaken.

If you look at their setup in MMO-Champ's RaidComp tool...

Paragon's 25m Heroic LK Kill Raid Composition

...you can see they had everything covered.

They are only missing Focused Magic which isn't really a "reason" to bring a Mage. Of course this could probably be done if you put a Mage in the group though.

I do have a question though, since you have 4 Rebirths in the raid, did you guys have to use any during the kill fight?

Post 13 Apr 2010 15:38

Isn't the compelling factor here the fact that Arcane mages can't attack the spirits? How are your fire mages doing in terms of damage done overall comparatively and how is their threat against the Lich King in P1 and 2?

Post 13 Apr 2010 15:44

Feralsalad wrote:Isn't the compelling factor here the fact that Arcane mages can't attack the spirits?

Which spirits? You sure as hell can attack any spirits we kill, and the Vile Spirits we don't kill anyway.

The choice was whether to bring another DK/rogue or a mage, and looking at meters from earlier wipes it looked like DK/rogue would do marginally more overall dps with marginally more survivability.

Post 13 Apr 2010 15:57

Maybe it was the Vile Spirits that were immune to Arcane.. I am not 100% sure, as I was only going off what Cevius had said. I also had noticed that FTH's kill their Mage went Fire for the LK HM kill. I'm not trying to be nit-picky, I'm just curious if I should start prepping my mage for Fire gear/spec for LK HM...

Hi,

Actually the only boss that I play using fire spec is Lich King and thats because Arcane can't do anything to the spirits.

Fire just can't beat arcane until the patch comes :/

- Cevius

Link: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=416