Two Questions

Two Questions

Post 13 Apr 2012 03:24

First question. What keyboard and mouse would you guys recommend? I was thinking about getting the 7G or 6Gv2 from SteelSeries, and picking up the SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] when it's released. I just want a mechanical keyboard that isn't too flashy, and a mouse to match. The color scheme of my PC is mostly black, which is why this combo would be perfect.

If I don't go with a SteelSeries set I'll get the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth with the Razer Mamba.

Second question. Should I stay casual, or try and get into hardcore raiding. Staying casual seems kind of pointless to me, I'm more of a go big or go home person. I've leveled two characters, a mage and a death knight. On the mage, I stayed casual. Did the regular 10 man raid every week with my guild, did BGs and stuff, gathered mats and supplies, etc. On the DK, I started getting into raiding a little more. I branched out and started doing the 10 man heroics, and eventually got a trial spot in a 25 man guild. The only problem was that their schedule... no, my schedule didn't work with theirs. I had school. Now that I'm not in school any more, I can dedicate more time to raiding. I also have a job now, but my hours are from 4AM until 6AM every day other than Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I have those 3 days off, which is when most guilds schedule their raids. US guilds at least, I'm not sure about EU. So what do you guys think? Should I go for it, or just not even bother?

Re: Two Questions

Post 15 Apr 2012 20:40

I have a MercStealth keyboard and love the gamepad portion of it. There are tons of keys on it and the mapping software from Steelseries is great. I use have a Sensei mouse and really enjoy it. There aren't too many buttons, but the ones that are there are organized very well in great positions (for me.)

As far as raiding, that's something you're going to have to decide. Raid schedules for "hardcore" raiding guilds are going to be more busy during progression than they are upon completion of current tier content. If you're going to consider it, I recommend you ask how many hours they raid during progression content, because if you're not reliable you're no good to the team.