Spine of Deathwing [25] Heroic - Warforged

Spine of Deathwing [25] Heroic - Warforged

Post 28 Mar 2012 12:56

Spine of Deathwing [25] Heroic:
Any suggestions for this dreaded boss? We have been currently able to master the 1st Tendon, though when we reach the 2nd Tendon, the beginning is challenging. We've been trying to flush all the bloods before starting the 2nd tendon damage, so we misdirection/multi-shot the bloods to the tank, and then stack to flip in the right corner. After that we continue with DPSing the Amalg, and breaking the Tendon.

Items:
Now we are aware that valor trinkets are extremely powerful on this fight, and everyone is required to wear one. We also know that Gurthalak's are also not the greatest for this fight as well. Would it be better for hunters to use their Kiril, Fury of Beasts?

Hunter Questions:
I am currently main speccing a Survival Hunter, and have been trying to figure out the best things that could be done on this fight, though I still have a few questions. Is the Raptor Strike Glyph useful for this encounter? I've been told that it would be better suited for Deterence. Secondly, I've noticed before that Devai was using a turtle. Is the use of Intervene from turtle-like pets worth it in this fight? Or is that only good for fights such as Madness? I've also been told that Marksmanship is the greater spec on this fight, - Any word for this?

Fiery Grip:
We don't have much trouble with Fiery Grip, but a question has come to us recently. We normally have each and every range turn around and shoot 1 spell at it, while a hunter will Arcane Shot it multiple times. Would it be easier to just assign the 2 hunters on the fiery grip, and Arcane Shot 3-6 times each?

Any other suggestions:
Is there anything you have in mind that we could do different, or anything we should try?

Thank you,
Dóts Survival Hunter, Warforged, U.S. Moon Guard - Horde
http://warforged-guild.wowstead.com/

Re: Spine of Deathwing [25] Heroic - Warforged

Post 22 Apr 2012 17:39

I tank this fight, and we haven't downed it quite yet, so take my advice on this one matter for what it is.

I read one hunter's post and he said that he switched in Kiril about 45-60 seconds before the tendon popped. This allowed the staff enough time to get its stacks up, while ensuring it would not be on CD while the tendon was up. (you may want to check the timing on that, I think that was it though)

Dots71 wrote:Spine of Deathwing [25] Heroic:
Any suggestions for this dreaded boss? We have been currently able to master the 1st Tendon, though when we reach the 2nd Tendon, the beginning is challenging. We've been trying to flush all the bloods before starting the 2nd tendon damage, so we misdirection/multi-shot the bloods to the tank, and then stack to flip in the right corner. After that we continue with DPSing the Amalg, and breaking the Tendon.

Items:
Now we are aware that valor trinkets are extremely powerful on this fight, and everyone is required to wear one. We also know that Gurthalak's are also not the greatest for this fight as well. Would it be better for hunters to use their Kiril, Fury of Beasts?

Hunter Questions:
I am currently main speccing a Survival Hunter, and have been trying to figure out the best things that could be done on this fight, though I still have a few questions. Is the Raptor Strike Glyph useful for this encounter? I've been told that it would be better suited for Deterence. Secondly, I've noticed before that Devai was using a turtle. Is the use of Intervene from turtle-like pets worth it in this fight? Or is that only good for fights such as Madness? I've also been told that Marksmanship is the greater spec on this fight, - Any word for this?

Fiery Grip:
We don't have much trouble with Fiery Grip, but a question has come to us recently. We normally have each and every range turn around and shoot 1 spell at it, while a hunter will Arcane Shot it multiple times. Would it be easier to just assign the 2 hunters on the fiery grip, and Arcane Shot 3-6 times each?

Any other suggestions:
Is there anything you have in mind that we could do different, or anything we should try?

Thank you,
Dóts Survival Hunter, Warforged, U.S. Moon Guard - Horde
http://warforged-guild.wowstead.com/

Re: Spine of Deathwing [25] Heroic - Warforged

Post 24 Apr 2012 12:51

I also tank this fight and I've done it.

Our hunter goes survival for this fight. He also uses glyph of raptor strike just for the damage reduction when stacking up and the aoe damage from the alga when its go 9 stacks.

Every player in our raid has Valor trinket.

I wouldnt think it is necessary to switch to the agi polearm maybe it just depends on the timings for fiery grips when the tendon is attackable. Sicne i do it on 10 man we just have our arcane mage to arcane blast > arcane Barrage it and it normally breaks but in 25 man i would see to hunters arcane shotting 6 times should do enough damage.

i will find out more about this tomorrow night when im back in Dragon Soul.