Totally Disappointed

Totally Disappointed

Post 22 Dec 2011 11:28

User avatarMonsteramous

Title says it all guys. I was so disappointed with the race to world first this tier. Paragon, Method, and other top guilds weren't even in the top 5 (Paragon was). Not to mention that those damned Koreans came in and stole the trophy :P (I'm not racist, we were all disappointed to see them take it lol). Anyway, good luck getting the world 2nd kill guys, and hopefully you can get the next world 1st... if WoW doesn't die after Cata is over.

Re: Totally Disappointed

Post 22 Dec 2011 12:55

Monsteramous wrote:... (I'm not racist, we were all disappointed to see them take it lol) ...

Were we?

Post 22 Dec 2011 13:02

badcamel wrote:
Monsteramous wrote:... (I'm not racist, we were all disappointed to see them take it lol) ...

Were we?

"We" were so dissapointed that rather than admitting they got 7/8 and 8/8 world firsts "we" made up a story about how they exploited and it totally wasn't fair. Fortunately they were gracious enough to not call "us" out on it until that interview that MMO Champion quoted, by which point everyone had forgotten that the source of the made up exploit was "us."

Post 22 Dec 2011 14:34

Personally, I'm a bit disappointed we didn't win and that DW fell so fast.

Regarding Kin Raiders, I think its just great to see someone new and unexpected coming out top. GZ to them.

Post 22 Dec 2011 15:13

Why drag racism into it?

There was a lot of EU - US vitrol going back and forth between "supporters". And then the Koreans won. :)

But the fact remains exploits are common with World Firsts, though most are relatively minor. So accusations are understandable.

Anyway, it was Blizzard who messed up the race, not KIN raiders.

Post 22 Dec 2011 15:55

Taiphon wrote:... Anyway, it was Blizzard who messed up the race, not KIN raiders.

Was it?

Post 23 Dec 2011 08:05

User avatarMonsteramous

I don't mean that I'm disappointed because of the exploits. I mean, the reaction wasn't the same lol. If we seen that Paragon won, or Blood Legion won, we'd probably be thinking "Yeah, they won! Way to go guys!" lol. But when I seen that Kin Raiders took the world 1st, the reaction was "Who the hell are Kin Raiders?"...

Post 23 Dec 2011 08:10

User avatarMonsteramous

Basically what I'm saying is that the nostalgic feeling wasn't there when the race ended. It would've been different if someone like Paragon, Method, BL or vodka had won.

Post 23 Dec 2011 10:13

User avatarmeth

It would not have been different, it would have been the same. As much as I root for Paragon and want them to get the important WFK every time, the fact that a Korean guild took it is something I find very exciting and interesting.

Where is the fun when it is always the same 3-4 guilds? For the fans of Paragon who were used to winning it is nice, but overall I enjoy having some mix up this time.

<ringuh> i try to avoid being sober when doing any kinda pugs

Post 24 Dec 2011 02:15

User avatarAurumai

Monsteramous wrote:Title says it all guys. I was so disappointed with the race to world first this tier. Not to mention that those damned Koreans came in and stole the trophy :P

You can't win them all. If the outcome of a race is the same every single time, then what's the point?

Monsteramous wrote:Basically what I'm saying is that the nostalgic feeling wasn't there when the race ended. It would've been different if someone like Paragon, Method, BL or vodka had won.

Just because you're a fanboy for the regular top guilds and they lost, that doesn't mean it wasn't a good race.