MADNESS WORLD FIRST"

Re: MADNESS WORLD FIRST"

Post 21 Dec 2011 22:08

Fraz wrote:
arfur wrote:I'm sure that stacking legendary mages with a nice cozy 6 week warning and PTR knowlege had nothing to do with the kr kills.

of course not.

A point further proven by even more KR kills.

I blame activision. go go asian market. fuck em, don't buy MOP.

As if they were the first and only to ever class stack. Please...

First ever with double lockouts, combined with legendarys and even more rag trinkets, AND the PTR live during that time.

It's clear the bullshit that went on here. I"m not blaming korean guilds, i'm blaming blizzard.

100% setup.

Post 21 Dec 2011 22:40

lol wrote:
Thakah wrote:
Thotz wrote:how does it feel to be a loser haha

Maybe they can ask you, who never got a world first kill, even on Hello Kitty

The difference is he isn't paid to, nor does he spend potentially every waking moment of his life to get world first kills. Not even on Hello Kitty~

Okay, lets clarify a few things here. Just because a guild is sponsored does not all 25 members are paid to raid as a full time job. Paragon has mentioned this before, many guild members are college students, with full time and or part time jobs.

A sponsorship from people like Steelseries does NOT mean you are paid to raid. It means they can provide with things such as Ventrilo/TS3/Mumble servers. Free website domain and such, but it doesn't mean all 30 some raiders in the roster are paid to raid.

As for your comment saying they spend " every waking moment of his life to get world first kills " that is entirely wrong. Just wrong. I'm sure to be raiding at the high end level that Paragon does, it requires memberse to eat/sleep and take breaks. You don't get World 1sts by bashing your kid into a wall. People would get tired wipe to dumb mistakes and only lose progression time.

The Russian Guild in the movie "Race To World 1st" mentioned something about their players only having 3-4 hours of sleep, and it causing them issues.

Overall TW/KR servers have double lockouts which benefits them to more gear. EU guilds were pushed back pretty hard due to this 8day suspension. And US guilds...well they did good at the start, the US guilds aren't really known for taking World 1sts too often in this overall Race to World 1st.

Back to my mentioning of the TW/KR Servers and the double lockouts, it looks like according to Wowprogress, they're really benefitting from it, or they really decided to step up their game this race. One could only assume its the double lockout.

Anyways, just had to clarify some ignorance, just because someones guild is sponsored DOES not mean that all the roster is paid a salary. Do you realize how much money that would be? Granted Asus/Steelseries are good companies, but no...just no.

P.S. Some members from top guilds that host youtube pages/websites like manaflask admins, do make a good amount of money through the revenue/donations the site brings, which might be enough to get them out of a job and do it as a full time job, but this is very rare.

Post 22 Dec 2011 07:02

To all the dumbasses out there complaining about KR getting the 2 resets a week for FL. Yeah they did, but they got Firelands 4 months after all EU/US servers. And they had firelands for a pretty short amount of time just before DS came out. So all US/EU guilds had more fucking time to get all their items. Stop fucking moaning about the double resets a week, it was more then fair. Dumbasses.

Post 22 Dec 2011 08:01

Posaidon wrote:To all the dumbasses out there complaining about KR getting the 2 resets a week for FL. Yeah they did, but they got Firelands 4 months after all EU/US servers. And they had firelands for a pretty short amount of time just before DS came out. So all US/EU guilds had more fucking time to get all their items. Stop fucking moaning about the double resets a week, it was more then fair. Dumbasses.

Where do you get your information from? Seriously.

First Shannox kill was June 28th
First Korean kill was June 30th

I don't see a 4 month gap.

Post 22 Dec 2011 08:47

User avatarmeth

That kind of misinformation will stick around forever I guess. Korea and Taiwan get the instances at the same time as Europe and America. There is no difference.

<ringuh> i try to avoid being sober when doing any kinda pugs

Post 22 Dec 2011 08:56

Posaidon wrote:To all the dumbasses out there complaining about KR getting the 2 resets a week for FL. Yeah they did, but they got Firelands 4 months after all EU/US servers. And they had firelands for a pretty short amount of time just before DS came out. So all US/EU guilds had more fucking time to get all their items. Stop fucking moaning about the double resets a week, it was more then fair. Dumbasses.

Where are you getting this? Is your hate blinding you? They got the same start. Yet, they had a good solid month and a half of double resets.

Post 22 Dec 2011 10:05

meth wrote:Paragon lost the WF.

Madness looks like quite an easy fight.

How can one lose what one doesn't have to begin with?

And on what footage do you base that Madness looks like quite an easy fight?

Post 22 Dec 2011 10:22

I think the bitching and whining about server stability and the fact that they had notice and you did not. I don't feel bad for you, say they did not earn it. Im glad you appologized to the KR guild, throwing shit at them because they beat you is super childish. how many times has US fallen behind for the same reasons, I guess you need special treatment from blizz now.

Post 22 Dec 2011 10:28

Hey Leonking, Gz for your Spine kill and GL with Madness.

1. The "retarded number of locks for yogg + 0" is actually FIVE. Please refresh your memory.

I really tought it was more, still 5 locks during UD, where multiple alt raids weren't exactly usual, is pretty much the same as 7 mages today. Don't get me wrong, I still think your Yogg+0 kill is the most impressive world first in WoW history and bringing the right comp doesn't take anything away from it.

2. The statement of "need 60 active members to beat an encounter" is not true. Yes, we Stars have 3 raid groups so have 13 legendary mages. However, these 3 groups have different raid leaders and schedules(I have explained this several times in different interviews), so we can't use all of them for progression. Those 6 mages involved in H Spine are all main/alts from ONLY the progression group. If you check their gears you will see they are not even our best geared mages. For example:

I'm not really sure I get this... so you basically have 3 different guilds in one? To me it looks like even if you have 3 different raid groups with different RL it's easyer for you to gather 7-8 full bis main of the same class/spec when needed. Maybe I'm wrong and nobody ever went from group 1 to group 2 etc, I'd like to know how does it works.

Again I'm not trying to take anything away from your kills, being able to bring the best possible raid group just means you are better organised than eu/us guilds.

Post 22 Dec 2011 15:23

Krm wrote:Hey Leonking, Gz for your Spine kill and GL with Madness.

1. The "retarded number of locks for yogg + 0" is actually FIVE. Please refresh your memory.

I really tought it was more, still 5 locks during UD, where multiple alt raids weren't exactly usual, is pretty much the same as 7 mages today. Don't get me wrong, I still think your Yogg+0 kill is the most impressive world first in WoW history and bringing the right comp doesn't take anything away from it.

2. The statement of "need 60 active members to beat an encounter" is not true. Yes, we Stars have 3 raid groups so have 13 legendary mages. However, these 3 groups have different raid leaders and schedules(I have explained this several times in different interviews), so we can't use all of them for progression. Those 6 mages involved in H Spine are all main/alts from ONLY the progression group. If you check their gears you will see they are not even our best geared mages. For example:

I'm not really sure I get this... so you basically have 3 different guilds in one? To me it looks like even if you have 3 different raid groups with different RL it's easyer for you to gather 7-8 full bis main of the same class/spec when needed. Maybe I'm wrong and nobody ever went from group 1 to group 2 etc, I'd like to know how does it works.

Again I'm not trying to take anything away from your kills, being able to bring the best possible raid group just means you are better organised than eu/us guilds.

No problem, it is your freedom to argue 5 warlocks are the same as 7 mages, just don't call it a retarded number next time because it is really misleading.

As to the raid group. It means we are actually made by 3 different small guilds (not exactly but this makes it easy to understand). The other two raid groups(or sub-guilds) have no interests on the race of WF and have their own schedules and progressions. Things will be quite different if we can use all three groups in the race (e.g., in a race like H Spine, we should have stop the Heoric progression of the other two groups and picked best geared mages from them). The main reason we have the other two groups is for back up. That is, when someone AFK in the progression group during the race (which is quite often), we might be able to get back up easily from them than recruiting.

We used to have 4 groups but 1 dismissed and left as a whole. (Check Ladan's last interview with us http://www.raidingresearch.co.uk/?p=240 The RF-B mentioned there is the lost one)

I personally believe KIN has a different story than us because Korean are known to be more united.
Last edited by leonking on 22 Dec 2011 15:37, edited 1 time in total.