MADNESS WORLD FIRST"

Re: MADNESS WORLD FIRST"

Post 20 Dec 2011 17:51

Taiphon wrote:
Thotz wrote:how does it feel to be a loser haha

You tell us!

Strictly speaking congratulations are in order for the KIN raiders.

But I can't help feeling this World First clear is a lot less glorious than previous ones, for several reasons:
- It took only 1 reset since hc-modes became available.
- It took only 3 days since 7/8 was achieved.
- Many of the best guilds in the world were out for 8 days.

It depends when other guilds manage to clear the instance, and how much time they need from 7/8 to 8/8. But my impression is the final encounter is undertuned compared to the second last one, and the instance didn't provide enough challenge to the world's best guilds.

To be honest, It's quite hilarious that Kin raiders completely rocked this content. This world first is definitely as glorious as all the other world firsts. It's still a world first. Who cares about how many resets or days it took. They still achieved 8/8 before any other guild. Not only that, but they completely owned all the other guilds. They were 8/8 while the other guilds were 6/8. That's a huge feat and one that the other top guilds haven't been able to achieve. In other words, Kin raiders embarrassed the other guilds.

As for many of the best guilds in the world being out for 8 days... Well, they do not deserve any sympathy. They exploited mechanics of the game to get ahead of the rest of the guilds that were staying honest about how they approached the Deathwing patch. Because Blizzard took action, guilds that may have deserved world first lost out. It's punishment. Lesson learned.

I think it's hilarious that you mention the instance didn't provide enough challenge to the world's best guilds... There's only 1 guild that is 8/8 and 1 guild that is 7/8. The rest of the top guilds are 6/8. If the instance wasn't enough of a challenge then more guilds would be 7/8 and 8/8. Based of those numbers alone, the instance is a challenge.

All in all, I'm glad that the cheaters didn't achieve world first. Otherwise, it would have been a joke and not a true achievement due to the cheating and dishonesty in game play.

Post 20 Dec 2011 17:58

Says the guy who doesn't even qualify to be in the race...

Post 20 Dec 2011 18:01

lol wrote:
Hermanni wrote:
So uh... where's the difference again?

Well since you're in the guild, I'll assume its kind of hard to see this looking from the inside out. Basically, when someone dedicates their entire life to doing something, and indeed bases their entire life on the doing of that thing, but then fails to do it its news. Its not news when someone who doesn't really care about doing the thing also doesn't do it.

To give you an example, imagine we are back in victorian times, and you are a world renowned explorer. You decide to dedicate your entire life to being the first man to reach the south pole, and you spend years doing it. But then something goes wrong, your expedition fails and some virtually unknown Korean guy makes it there first. You don't come back to jolly old England with your head held high to a parade, you come back to scorn and ridicule, you're kicked out of the explorers club and die a lonely old man, forgotten by history. Now, of course, the very people scorning and ostracizing you didn't make it to the south pole either. But then again, they also didn't try. And more importantly they didn't base their entire lives upon their ability to make it to the south pole. So, even though they too were "beaten" to the south pole, they arn't losers because they never entered the race to begin with. But you are, because you did.

What makes this even sadder is that this isn't something that is kind of meaningful, like making it to the south pole. At least the guy who did that eventually got a wikipedia article for it. No, you dedicated your life to killing a pixelated dragon. And don't get me wrong, I'll admit its a pretty cool thing to be the first person to kill that pixelated dragon, I wouldn't be playing WoW if I didn't. And I suppose that as long as you are the first person killing that dragon then, all in all, you've actually "accomplished" more than probably a lot of other people do, just because most people fail to do whatever it is that they dedicate their lives to doing. However, now that you too have failed, you too are in the same boat as all those other people. You're losers. The guy who called you a loser, however, still has a chance to succeed in whatever it is in life that he wants to do. Thats the difference.

How long did it take you to think up and type this? That's how much of your life you wasted.

Your philosophy, and explanation, are quite simply bullshit. gg

Post 20 Dec 2011 18:06

lol wrote:
lol wrote:

Well since you're in the guild, I'll assume its kind of hard to see this looking from the inside out. Basically, when someone dedicates their entire life to doing something, and indeed bases their entire life on the doing of that thing, but then fails to do it its news. Its not news when someone who doesn't really care about doing the thing also doesn't do it.

To give you an example, imagine we are back in victorian times, and you are a world renowned explorer. You decide to dedicate your entire life to being the first man to reach the south pole, and you spend years doing it. But then something goes wrong, your expedition fails and some virtually unknown Korean guy makes it there first. You don't come back to jolly old England with your head held high to a parade, you come back to scorn and ridicule, you're kicked out of the explorers club and die a lonely old man, forgotten by history. Now, of course, the very people scorning and ostracizing you didn't make it to the south pole either. But then again, they also didn't try. And more importantly they didn't base their entire lives upon their ability to make it to the south pole. So, even though they too were "beaten" to the south pole, they arn't losers because they never entered the race to begin with. But you are, because you did.

What makes this even sadder is that this isn't something that is kind of meaningful, like making it to the south pole. At least the guy who did that eventually got a wikipedia article for it. No, you dedicated your life to killing a pixelated dragon. And don't get me wrong, I'll admit its a pretty cool thing to be the first person to kill that pixelated dragon, I wouldn't be playing WoW if I didn't. And I suppose that as long as you are the first person killing that dragon then, all in all, you've actually "accomplished" more than probably a lot of other people do, just because most people fail to do whatever it is that they dedicate their lives to doing. However, now that you too have failed, you too are in the same boat as all those other people. You're losers. The guy who called you a loser, however, still has a chance to succeed in whatever it is in life that he wants to do. Thats the difference.

This has one big flaw, though. Paragon have gotten many world first kills. ';,,;'

Post 20 Dec 2011 18:34

User avatarmeth

lol wrote:
Hermanni wrote:
So uh... where's the difference again?

After a long and successful streak of being the No.1 guild in the world Paragon now failed for the first time to achieve the World First kill on final boss. That is of course frustrating and disappointing given the amount of planning, preparation, time and effort that has gone into that but does that make them losers?

From a strict definition point, maybe yes, they have lost this one race, so they are the losers of this race, but that is not the entire picture. Michael Jordan won 6 titles in the NBA with the Chicago Bulls but when he made his third return to the world of professional basketball, he did not succeed. Is he a loser? No he is the best player to ever play the game and one of the most successful athletes in the world, he is not a loser. He did not win every game he participated in and did not win every championship he could have, but that is impossible anyway. Someone who is competing, especially at the highest level, is always bound to lose at some point, no matter how long the winning streak was. But that does not make that person or that team a loser, but rather someone who did not win all the time.

Paragon participated in a race and lost. It is the end of a streak and it is a disappointment for them. But it is not the end of the world and they are still and will always be regarded as one of the best guilds to ever play World of Warcraft and have earned their entry in the history books of this game.

And that is something everyone, no matter if you like or dislike them, should respect in my opinion.

<ringuh> i try to avoid being sober when doing any kinda pugs

Post 20 Dec 2011 18:48

It's sad to see you guys type explanations to trolls....
Ignore the idiots and get your kills, have fun with the last 2 bosses.

Post 20 Dec 2011 20:08

I would like to point out to you people, that the Korean guild has 19 Dragonwraths.

Source of information: http://manaflask.com/en/article/1471/sp ... interview/

Have a pleasant evening!

Umm.... Niin kuis monta teillä sattukaan olemaan? õ_0? Ihan vaan mielenkiinnosta ja vertailun vuoksi.

Post 20 Dec 2011 20:16

Silly. All of those extra resets in firelands (not just dragonwraith class stacking, but H Rag drops and trinket drops too! and cloaks from Rhyn... ) Coupled with the EU guilds taking the bait and getting banned for 8 days...

It looks like a total setup from blizz, as we head into pandaland, and wow stagnates in the the America's and EU....

yup.. busting into the Asian market full throttle Activision is.

Anyone who can't see that is blind.

What a fitting end to yet another unremarkable xpack.

Post 20 Dec 2011 20:37

Hahahahah wrote:
Taiphon wrote:

All in all, I'm glad that the cheaters didn't achieve world first. Otherwise, it would have been a joke and not a true achievement due to the cheating and dishonesty in game play.

man you are so bloody stupid if paragon wouldve gotten it it would be even more deserved since they got set back for 8 days and gained jack shit from the exploit so just stfu and go cry in a corner cause i really cba with retarted people like you

Post 20 Dec 2011 20:51

Honestly guys, its not about the gear. If you check out the gears of the folks from Happy Raid involved on the kills, some of them are not even on 390 yet. They just know something that no one else knows yet, or maybe there was some foulplay involved on the spine kill. IDK and neither does anyone else, exept the members of Happy Raid. Before i see a video from the kill, i can just speculate all the possibilities on how did they manage to do it.

I wish Paragon the best luck and i hope you guys get them down fast and before anyone else from EU or US.