MADNESS WORLD FIRST"

Re: MADNESS WORLD FIRST"

Post 20 Dec 2011 15:58

User avatarHermanni

lol wrote:
Thakah wrote:
Thotz wrote:how does it feel to be a loser haha

Maybe they can ask you, who never got a world first kill, even on Hello Kitty

The difference is he isn't paid to, nor does he spend potentially every waking moment of his life to get world first kills. Not even on Hello Kitty~

So uh... where's the difference again?

Post 20 Dec 2011 16:13

Hermanni wrote:

Well since you're in the guild, I'll assume its kind of hard to see this looking from the inside out. Basically, when someone dedicates their entire life to doing something, and indeed bases their entire life on the doing of that thing, but then fails to do it its news. Its not news when someone who doesn't really care about doing the thing also doesn't do it.

To give you an example, imagine we are back in victorian times, and you are a world renowned explorer. You decide to dedicate your entire life to being the first man to reach the south pole, and you spend years doing it. But then something goes wrong, your expedition fails and some virtually unknown Korean guy makes it there first. You don't come back to jolly old England with your head held high to a parade, you come back to scorn and ridicule, you're kicked out of the explorers club and die a lonely old man, forgotten by history. Now, of course, the very people scorning and ostracizing you didn't make it to the south pole either. But then again, they also didn't try. And more importantly they didn't base their entire lives upon their ability to make it to the south pole. So, even though they too were "beaten" to the south pole, they arn't losers because they never entered the race to begin with. But you are, because you did.

What makes this even sadder is that this isn't something that is kind of meaningful, like making it to the south pole. At least the guy who did that eventually got a wikipedia article for it. No, you dedicated your life to killing a pixelated dragon. And don't get me wrong, I'll admit its a pretty cool thing to be the first person to kill that pixelated dragon, I wouldn't be playing WoW if I didn't. And I suppose that as long as you are the first person killing that dragon then, all in all, you've actually "accomplished" more than probably a lot of other people do, just because most people fail to do whatever it is that they dedicate their lives to doing. However, now that you too have failed, you too are in the same boat as all those other people. You're losers. The guy who called you a loser, however, still has a chance to succeed in whatever it is in life that he wants to do. Thats the difference.

Post 20 Dec 2011 16:28

lol wrote:
Hermanni wrote:

Basically, when someone dedicates their entire life to doing something, and indeed bases their entire life on the doing of that thing, but then fails to do it its news.

This is the only sentence of your heroic tirade people need to read, it sums up your ignorance quite nicely.

Post 20 Dec 2011 16:30

lol wrote:
Hermanni wrote:

Well since you're in the guild, I'll assume its kind of hard to see this looking from the inside out. Basically, when someone dedicates their entire life to doing something, and indeed bases their entire life on the doing of that thing, but then fails to do it its news. Its not news when someone who doesn't really care about doing the thing also doesn't do it.

To give you an example, imagine we are back in victorian times, and you are a world renowned explorer. You decide to dedicate your entire life to being the first man to reach the south pole, and you spend years doing it. But then something goes wrong, your expedition fails and some virtually unknown Korean guy makes it there first. You don't come back to jolly old England with your head held high to a parade, you come back to scorn and ridicule, you're kicked out of the explorers club and die a lonely old man, forgotten by history. Now, of course, the very people scorning and ostracizing you didn't make it to the south pole either. But then again, they also didn't try. And more importantly they didn't base their entire lives upon their ability to make it to the south pole. So, even though they too were "beaten" to the south pole, they arn't losers because they never entered the race to begin with. But you are, because you did.

What makes this even sadder is that this isn't something that is kind of meaningful, like making it to the south pole. At least the guy who did that eventually got a wikipedia article for it. No, you dedicated your life to killing a pixelated dragon. And don't get me wrong, I'll admit its a pretty cool thing to be the first person to kill that pixelated dragon, I wouldn't be playing WoW if I didn't. And I suppose that as long as you are the first person killing that dragon then, all in all, you've actually "accomplished" more than probably a lot of other people do, just because most people fail to do whatever it is that they dedicate their lives to doing. However, now that you too have failed, you too are in the same boat as all those other people. You're losers. The guy who called you a loser, however, still has a chance to succeed in whatever it is in life that he wants to do. Thats the difference.

umad bro? well since you also kinda failed you are also in the same boat you're a loser

Post 20 Dec 2011 16:31

User avatarDiamondTear

Qhasx wrote:
Since we had confirmed that our only competitor had used this exploit before we even considered it, using it was the only chance for a fair race. We're not racing against those US guilds that didn't exploit. What they do doesn't matter when it comes to the race. What matters is what EU guilds do and we already knew what they did, which made the decision a foregone conclusion.

Lol'ed so hard

This is a timeline:
------Then--------Now

Post 20 Dec 2011 16:32

User avatarHermanni

lol wrote:
Hermanni wrote:

Post 20 Dec 2011 16:41

I think what he wanted to say is that there are in fact penguins living at the South Pole, whereas at the North Pole there are no such things as penguins ... and if you weren't so elitist with your Pragon shit but instead did some research on the "victorian times" you would fucking know that!

Post 20 Dec 2011 16:44

Hailow wrote:I think what he wanted to say is that there are in fact penguins living at the South Pole, whereas at the North Pole there are no such things as penguins ... and if you weren't so elitist with your Pragon shit but instead did some research on the "victorian times" you would fucking know that!

paragon is like so not elitist go learn what elitist is

Post 20 Dec 2011 17:07

lol wrote:
Thakah wrote:
Thotz wrote:how does it feel to be a loser haha

Maybe they can ask you, who never got a world first kill, even on Hello Kitty

The difference is he isn't paid to, nor does he spend potentially every waking moment of his life to get world first kills. Not even on Hello Kitty~

Your wrong. He waste the same amount of time as Paragon or any other top guilds. The difference between him and those guilds is that meanwhile they are raiding for World first, he is wasting his time on mmo-champions and looking for news on the progress.

Post 20 Dec 2011 17:17

So many time on nothing, paragon is still on the run for top content guilds they're still trying to get their rank. And for me and all the people that can analyze something i think paragon was the fastest guild to clear the content in one week(i think).

So there is no comparision yet if you do not give them one week more for clear the content.