Blackhorn 10 hc

Blackhorn 10 hc

Post 20 Dec 2011 00:57

After close to 100 wipes on the warmaster I am kinda frustrated. I know you guys had alot of tries on him aswell when you did 10-man so I am begging for any kind of input.

For starters the boss seems fairly bugged, we have alot of random whipes because suddenly mobs are untauntable and sometimes we die to invicible fire.

Anyways, our only issue with this boss is the bloody fire. Its totally random how much fire that spawns and when we make it clean into p2 the whole boat is covered in fire, and I really mean covered. Melee cant dps because there is no safe spot, its so weird. There seems to be no logical explanation for when there fire spawns and how it speads. We have had tries in p2 with the boat on 30% and still whole bloody boat is covered in fire. We had one try with boat on 3% and 0 fire when we made it into p2 (and ofc we wiped at 2% due to berserk because we didnt dare multidot during Gariona phase because of the ability mentioned in journal about Gariona healing the Warmaster if he gets injured, obv a big mistake of us).

We have had tries when we soaked every single meteor and yet the whole boat lits up like a torch. We have tried not standing close to the fire to prevent it from spreading, dont work. The Fire Patrol cant be working as intended?

I am pretty sure we execute this fight really well especially considering we run with 2 melee dps. The drakes die really fast, in fact the first set is usually dead before they get hauled in by the harpoons. Second set dies pretty clean aswell, we kill them way before they fly away. Third set we nuke one down asap and let the other one stay alive with 20%-ish health so we can finish of the melee adds before pushing p2. So we hit p2 with a clean boat (addswise, not firewise) with everything dead and under control. The problem is the fire just dont get put out, it spreads instead until its totally out of control with no where to stand without risking to get hit by Shockwave, Roar or that twilight crap on the deck. This cannot be working as intended, I mean if you can keep the boat alive during p1 this should be taken care of by the fire patrol? We´ve had 2 tries of close to 100 (not all made it to p2 obv) when we had 0 fire and we find no explanation at all to why we didnt have fire those attempts.

So I would be really grateful if you (or other people reading this with experience of the fight) could give some input about your experience of handling the deck fire. If you found some magical way to prevent it from spreading all over the boat please tell =)

Thanks in advance!