Website Changes

Website Changes

Post 09 Dec 2011 00:34

User avatarGuromin

Dear Paragon Website Administrators,

A recent post was made regarding the changes to the website. As a whole the improvements have elevated the quality to a level incomparable to any other guilds website; however, I cannot help but notice that the ability to change the color of text was removed. I feel rather deprived of my "trade mark" on the forums. I am sure that there is a reason for the removal or malfunction of this feature, so instead of requesting for it's reinstatement I would instead like to ask if the coloring of all my posts a contributing factor to their removal.

Thanks in advance for your reply,

-Guromin

Re: Website Changes

Post 09 Dec 2011 01:04

User avatarAurumai

Guromin wrote:Dear Paragon Website Administrators,

A recent post was made regarding the changes to the website. As a whole the improvements have elevated the quality to a level incomparable to any other guilds website; however, I cannot help but notice that the ability to change the color of text was removed. I feel rather deprived of my "trade mark" on the forums. I am sure that there is a reason for the removal or malfunction of this feature, so instead of requesting for it's reinstatement I would instead like to ask if the coloring of all my posts a contributing factor to their removal.

Thanks in advance for your reply,

-Guromin

I second this, completely. Why was the feature removed? I noticed that I couldn't choose a different colour for my posts yesterday, and I had actually figured (for some reason) that it was because someone brought it up and accused me of trying to "be above" everyone else.

Post 09 Dec 2011 01:15

User avatarKyy

There has lately been lot more new viewers coming to the site and we've gotten people telling us that it's some times confusing to separate Paragon members from those posting with different colors. So afaik the change was just to make it more clear for everyone using the site, specially those that aren't used to with all the oldschool posters here on the site
Last edited by Kyy on 09 Dec 2011 01:39, edited 1 time in total.

Hating with passion

Post 09 Dec 2011 01:26

User avatarAurumai

Kyy wrote:There has lately been lot more new viewers coming to the side and we've gotten people telling us that it's some times confusing to separate Paragon members from those posting with different colors. So afaik the change was just to make it more clear for everyone using the site, specially those that aren't used to with all the oldschool posters here on the site

Odd. I've always just figured that it was common sense that post colour means nothing, while username colour is a sign of forum grouping. Fair enough, though. :P

Post 09 Dec 2011 02:17

User avatarGuromin

Kyy,

Thank you for the swift and speedy reply. I can understand how it would be easy for someone to confuse a player with good taste in color for a member of the guild. I realize this next question may not be best aimed at you, but perhaps you can pass the request along.

It is rather painful to manually remove the code from every single post. I'd like to suggest that instead of making the code unavailable, it be changed to instead do nothing. Doing this would remove all of the tacky scripts on every post. I can understand if there are complications in achieving this, but it would be a greatly appreciated by not only me, but to everyone who used a color changing code.

Thanks,

-Guromin

Post 09 Dec 2011 02:49

User avatararx

It might not be trivial, since removing the color functionality required stabbing the Phpbb core. I'll still pass this along to tuutti though, simply because I completely agree with you :)

arx / xaar