10 Player Heroic

10 Player Heroic

Post 07 Dec 2011 11:41

User avatarMonsteramous

Do the 10 player Heroic raids count towards world first, or just the 25 player ones. Because Exodus took the world first for Ultraxion, but thy're a 10 player group.

Re: 10 Player Heroic

Post 07 Dec 2011 11:53

well there are 2 brackets but im sure that its only 25 man but im not sure dont take my answer for definite :P

Post 07 Dec 2011 11:58

User avatarxenophics

The problem with 10 vs 25 has always been that everyone thinks different about them. In our opinion, the brackets should be completely separated, and 25-mans have usually been harder than 10-mans.

In some people's eyes 10-man is just as important as the 25-man. Our opinion will of course depend on how hard Deathwing will be, and we can't say for sure before we've seen both 10- and 25-man.

Anyway, myself I see 25-man as the mode that offers more possibilities for making interesting tactics. It's also more demanding when one needs to work out with raid positioning. Just to name a few things.

Post 07 Dec 2011 14:21

Yeah me personally i think world first's should be counted only in 25 mans due to the increase of communication and more working as a team instead of a group of players in 10 mans 25 man's ftw!

Post 07 Dec 2011 15:29

Problem is that 25man doesn't scale if you look at 10man as a start. If that was the case you'd have 4 tanks for instance.
- I do know that if it scaled directly from 10man it would take a lot of changes to some encounters in 25man but still I'd like it to be a more direct upscaling of 10man.

But no doubt; 25man is what people look to in the race for World First.

Post 07 Dec 2011 22:09

User avatarMonsteramous

I personally think they should be counted as two separate categories. 10 player raids are easier to control, and at the same time can be a little bit harder. In a 25 player raid, if one person dies, it won't really affect the raid too much unless it's a healer or tank. Or a top DPS. For 10 mans, it can cause a wipe even if it's the person with the lowest DPS. But it's easier in the sense that you only have 10 people trying to mover around the boss and avoid things.

I think their should be brackets in the race to world 1st, 25M, and 10M.

Post 07 Dec 2011 22:34

User avatarAurumai

The main problem I have with the 25-man raids I've been in is that I don't feel as if my role is important. Hell, several people could just halt DPS or heals, and the raid still has a good chance of surviving. I've also always felt as if 25-man raids are sloppy and hard for a raid leader to control. Of course, I'm sure that these issues are only problems for me because I've only ever done 25-mans with PUGs. :P

Just as Xenophics said, the greater number of player slots allows for you to make different tactical decisions and different raid comps. Not to mention, that's all the more flexibility your raid gains through dual spec. I'd really love to raid with an established 25-man guild and see how it differs from my usual 10-man group.