The LFR discussion

Re: How long bans did Paragon recieve.

Post 03 Dec 2011 06:51

I'm pretty sure people are upset because they were not able to use the mistake made by Blizzard to their advantage and just have to take it out on people who possibly did

Post 03 Dec 2011 11:44

User avatarzYN

Thotz wrote:You just wanted to taste the forbidden fruit. You shouldn't have had to exploit at this point yet. When the time is nigh you will always find a good way to exploit the hard bosses in mechanic wise, before they will be fixed. That's what you usually do.

Right. That's where the line is drawn. Criticizing us as a guild is completely fine and we'll probably even answer it, we don't mind discussing it openly if we do a mistake. Or whatever else we do. But when your post is actually downright stupid and dishonest they only bring the overall quality of the forums down. If you feel like posting absolute garbage, there's several other community sites out there.

For the next one there'll be a ban.

Post 04 Dec 2011 02:03

I wish you Paragon and other guilds as well luck with the race.

I completely understand the route of personal gain to overcome competition, but I admire even more so that you come forth and answer directly.

I may never be apart of a top world guild, but I appreciate to sit and watch you guys duke it out and have films made about you guys. With this any action that may prove negative on your look is a bad way to go, and I'm more than sure you know this, but maybe with this incident you've realize how much of an image your help broadcast to WoW raiding.

Good luck!

Post 04 Dec 2011 03:07

It doesn't matter if they get banned or not.

There are usually only two guilds that get legit kills anyway: Paragon and the World 2nd. After the videos are released it becomes a copycat game anyway.

Paragon and some of these other guilds could get a one month ban, and all that would mean is that the World First Deathwing kill probably would not get happen for at least a month.

Post 04 Dec 2011 03:51

This is priceless. Check out this page on the MMOCHAMP "glad these ppl are getting benned" thread.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/103 ... st14489143

Look at post # 285

"You have no idea what happened, it had nothing to do with a loot system, and they weren't being "Intelligent" they were being assholes. Cheating, good for nothing assholes. Vodka however, kudos for having done it the right way with alts, and not abusing a system with an EXPLOIT. /salute"

He's calling people doing this "Cheating, good for nothing assholes." But it gets better. Much, much better. Now go to post #287. The same guy is replying to someone who said blizzard was no longer handing out bans for botting. Let's look what he had to say about that.

"Wife got banned for fish botting 2 weeks ago, they still do it."

Fucking AWESOME! I wonder if he called his wife a "Cheating, good for nothing asshole."

Just goes to show that this whole thing is about top guild hate. And nothing to do with people actually having a problem with it.

Post 04 Dec 2011 06:49

I think it would be nice to push Blizzard to improve their QA more strongly.

For example, if someone did a world first kill of Sinestra with the Dark Simulacrum bug for demonstrative purposes (and immediately openly posted about it), perhaps they would have improved QA a bit.

Because honestly their testing right now is a joke, with several bugs that should never have gone live.

Regarding the accusations towards your guild, just post a list of top guilds who exploited it; that should hopefully make people realize that most did it.

Post 04 Dec 2011 09:57

User avatarxenophics

We don't feel like it's our job going out pointing fingers and making a list of shame. We are more worried about handling the situation in our end and getting on with the race. Life goes on and hopefully us and others (Blizzard as well) can learn something from this.

Post 05 Dec 2011 02:50

Hello Paragon and the rest of the WoW communtiy. I just want to start by saying that I am not here to either bash you for doing what you did - I understand (which most average players don't) that you have alot of pressure playing at your league and you felt you had to do it. But if you think about it - you always have a choice, there will ALWAYS be a choice. I'm not trying to imply what everyone else has stated, because what I personally think regarding the matter isn't going to help anyone, Blizzard has been pressured by SWTOR and I think they've gotten sloppy. They need to be alot more responsive and definately test their releases more thoroughly otherwise these exploits/bugs are gonna keep coming.

So to my question - What if you would have taken _your_ step in a different direction than the rest of the top guilds knowing Blizzard would have taken actions against the exploiters but instead - make a stand and report as much to Blizzard hoping for justification and keep racing? (I know what you're thinking - no competition if the top guilds are suspended, well that's not your fault now is it?).

You have probably damaged your reputation and lost many supporters like the rest of the exploiting-guilds and probably alot of fans, but I think instead of blaming blatantly on other guilds although admitting your wrongdoing isn't going to make your fans to come back or forgive you.

I know many of you guys are intelligent, there has to be someone who was against this exploiting decision made by obviously one of the higher ranked officers of the guild.

I recommend getting or voting for new leadership who you can look up to and actually hoping for Blizzard to improve this game which is most likely not going to hold more than through Mists of Pandaria. Barely.

Post 05 Dec 2011 12:22

I had to register just so I could say please ignore all the hypocrites wanting your blood. This whole situation was caused by Blizz's brilliant decision to have LFR drop tier tokens and is solidly their fault for leaving a bug like this there.

Ignore all the drama and focus on winning the race :)

Post 05 Dec 2011 14:10

Can I say how disappointed I am in all the guilds that took advantage of the flaw?

I have loved watching the top guilds duke it out for world firsts but now I really don't care who gets the honor this time. The anticipation has diminished and seems pointless because there is now doubt and it will linger throughout this tier. I appreciate that your guild has admitted and willing to accept the consequences of those actions.

My biggest question and concern is would you or any guild have said anything had it not been discovered?
I have grave doubts that anyone would have confessed until discovered and that has truly been the most disappointing part of this event. Frankly, I'm shocked that anyone thought it would remained undiscovered as this was not a subtle exploit at all.

In the end, I have never doubted the abilities and skills of these players far exceed many of the regular raiders. However, the decisions made to abuse a flaw in the system to gain a competitive edge have severe reprecussions. These actions have planted a seed of distrust and doubt causing many of us to wonder if these top guilds cheated or earned that first world kill. I would like to think earned but you and others just made it much more difficult.