The LFR discussion

Re: The LFR discussion

Post 20 Dec 2011 04:31

User avatarAurumai

Bragaul wrote:Has Blizzard's response convinced you of their commitment to provide and maintain a fair race within WoW?

For as long as I've played, I've never seen Blizzard take such a serious jab at guilds who use exploits during the race. It's not as if the guilds can't recover, but this punishment wasn't a slap on the wrist by any means. A week of progression lost hurts. It's not game breaking, but it hurts. They were serious about the punishments they handed out, and as things stand now, entire guilds would have to be stupid to use exploits again.

Bragaul wrote:But what if Blizzard hasn't convinced you? Does that mean that future exploits will need to be exploited? I think the answer is obvious: yes.

There will always be exploits from time to time, and so long as that happens, people will use them. However, if Blizzard keeps to their new standard of enforcement, I don't think any level-headed guild master will subject their guild to punishment. All in all, (assuming Blizzard is steadfast in their current responsiveness to exploits) I don't see this being a big issue in the future.

Bragaul wrote:Do you still want to compete in an obviously broken race? What does first, second, or third place mean if the race is so f****d up anyways? What's the point of racing to first if the race isn't fair in the "first place"?

I can see what you're saying, but it's hardly a valid argument. The way you described it made me think of an actual running race where the competitors would cheat by inching forward before the race started so they would start a bit further ahead than everyone else. The analogy makes sense, but doesn't translate in this case, because there was a hard cap to how far the racers could inch forward before the race. If the guilds were able to obtain more than just the normal gear that dropped in the LFRs, then I'd agree with you. However, there was a definite cap to how much of an advantage you could obtain from the exploit. I can tell you that the guilds who partook in the exploit for the race would have all started on the same foot because they used it until it couldn't be used anymore, if that makes sense. There's really only so far they could inch forward before the race started.

Bragaul wrote:Forum posters are commenting that this race is totally different now that the bans went out but with each tier having some sort of stupid exploit hasn't every single race been undermined?

Comparing this season with previous ones is like comparing apples to oranges. Yes, there have been exploits in many of the previous seasons, but I can't remember the last time a single exploit was used so widely, and I certainly can't remember a time where Blizzard has met the use of an exploit so abruptly and forcefully.

Re: The LFR discussion

Post 20 Dec 2011 11:13

Exploit or not paragon is still #1 and will eventualy rule the world
also they dont tiptoe around the fact that they did it like certain guilds