The LFR discussion

Re: The LFR discussion

Post 07 Dec 2011 20:45

It's so ironic that people are defending the cheating guilds' decisions when just about everyone flamed Stars for what they did in T12. Some people just never learn...

Post 07 Dec 2011 22:09

Skadi wrote:Well, 10man or not, you f***ing made the 5/8!
I was so totally fanboy screaming :P

Wrong Fanboy. Its not Paragon who made it to 5/8 but their friends and ex members.
See here:

Submitted by arx on Wed, 07/12/2011 - 10:42 wrote:so for this week we are forming a 10-man group with help from ex-members and friends. We will go back to doing 25-man as soon as we can, i.e. at the start of the next reset.

But sure, keep on screaming to their ex members.

Post 07 Dec 2011 22:19

ByebyeSponsors wrote:
Skadi wrote:Well, 10man or not, you f***ing made the 5/8!
I was so totally fanboy screaming :P

Wrong Fanboy. Its not Paragon who made it to 5/8 but their friends and ex members.
See here:

Submitted by arx on Wed, 07/12/2011 - 10:42 wrote:so for this week we are forming a 10-man group with help from ex-members and friends. We will go back to doing 25-man as soon as we can, i.e. at the start of the next reset.

But sure, keep on screaming to their ex members.

There is few paragon members too /nitpick

Post 07 Dec 2011 22:58

User avatarAurumai

Creasie wrote:Because you are reading it wrong. He is telling you WHY they did it. Not that they weren't wrong for doing it. There is a big difference. Yet people need to keep hammering on it. Are you so upset that you need to put them in a bad light or something?

To answer your question no it's not fine to use doping but if everyone uses it and no one takes actions against it then you have to use it to be the best. Having to use it to be the best doesn't make it right and that's exactly what they said in their apology.

Couldn't have said it better. It's a little annoying that everyone feels the need to come to Paragon and personally demand apologies and to put them on the spot for a "moral decision" they've made. The decision to use the exploit isn't a moral decision.

No one seems to understand that the world's top guilds ONLY care about numbers. They will do absolutely anything for more DPS, more healing throughput, more survivability, and more efficiency. In a race to clear new content, top guilds absolutely cannot afford to miss out on any opportunity to to increase any of these important aspects of the raid. There was a very real possibility that Blizzard would look the other way on this issue like they've done with so many others, and if that were the case, Paragon would start with a huge disadvantage. They made the choice that makes sense.

Grindle wrote:It's so ironic that people are defending the cheating guilds' decisions when just about everyone flamed Stars for what they did in T12. Some people just never learn...

How can you assume that everyone who is defending Paragon "flamed Stars for what they did in T12"? Even if that statement WAS relevant to the topic at hand, I don't think you're in any position to make that call.
Last edited by Aurumai on 08 Dec 2011 06:10, edited 1 time in total.

Post 08 Dec 2011 00:06

Aurumai wrote: It's a little annoying that everyone

How can you assume that everyone who is defending Paragon

Double standards much? I even said "just about" as in people who made their voice heard back then.

Your "I'm so better than you I even post in blue" crap doesn't convince anyone. Care to explain your thoughts on why Blood Legion and Vodka, arguably world top guilds, didn't pursue this strat? Or are they now "lesser" guilds in your eyes? Because according to your argument they should have done the LFR thing.

Post 08 Dec 2011 00:26

Aurumai wrote:They will do absolutely anything for more DPS, more healing throughput, more survivability, and more efficiency.
Not anything drives a guild to cheat. Only those who are weak, lame and has no confidence in their team will use exploits. CHEATERS is what they are called.

Aurumai wrote:In a race to clear new content, top guilds absolutely cannot afford to miss out on any opportunity to to increase any of these important aspects of the raid.
Exactly, as long it obtained in a fair and legal way. One have to work hard to get to the top, not by just giving free epics away from a LFR exploit.

Aurumai wrote:There was a very real possibility that Blizzard would look the other way on this issue like they've done with so many others
Proof please. Give us proof of this statement of yours. Proof of Blizzard knew about an exploit but haven't banned anyone.. Proof.

Aurumai wrote:and if that were the case, Paragon would start with a huge disadvantage. They made the choice that makes sense.
But that aint the case, cause Blizzard does ban those who explout the game mechanics. See in awhile crocodile!

Post 08 Dec 2011 01:10

User avatarDiamondTear

ByebyeSponsors wrote:Not all are exploiting. There are also Guilds who supports fairplay, Like VODKA like Blood legion, Like many other guilds through out the world. Paragon decided to cheat, play it unfair and tried to steal the price in front the noses of those who are playing it fair.

He said competition, though. Guilds that are weeks behind on previous tier are not competition.

Post 08 Dec 2011 02:26

I find it amusing how many people seem to think that what Paragon did (and many others) was an easy decision to make. I'm pretty damn sure there was a lot of second guessing going on. I personally believe what these "cheaters" (as so many say) did was the more difficult of the 2 choices, the right choice in my opinion.

Good luck in the race to world dominance, I'm rooting for you.

Post 08 Dec 2011 02:58

deboner wrote:I find it amusing how many people seem to think that what Paragon did (and many others) was an easy decision to make. I'm pretty damn sure there was a lot of second guessing going on. I personally believe what these "cheaters" (as so many say) did was the more difficult of the 2 choices, the right choice in my opinion.

Good luck in the race to world dominance, I'm rooting for you.

Noone said it was an easy choice, yet people said it was the wrong one.
Even Paragon admits, quote:

We acknowledge that using this unintended behavior, which was quite clearly a bug, to our gain, was wrong. The fact that others were using it as well is no justification for doing it ourselves. We apologize for doing it,

They knew about this unintended bug and used it to their gain to have an advantage above the rest. Thats cheating yes.
And they clearly admitted it was wrong.

But seemingly you Deboner think they made the right choice of taking advantage from using exploits to create an unfair advantage above the others. Well bro, i guess thats why you are rooting for them, and Blood Legion have my support.

Fair play for the win.

Post 08 Dec 2011 03:00

DiamondTear wrote:
ByebyeSponsors wrote:Not all are exploiting. There are also Guilds who supports fairplay, Like VODKA like Blood legion, Like many other guilds through out the world. Paragon decided to cheat, play it unfair and tried to steal the price in front the noses of those who are playing it fair.

He said competition, though. Guilds that are weeks behind on previous tier are not competition.

Paragon is (most likely) out of the race for world first yes, They tried to out-smarten the others by using a unintended bug and exploit to their gains and creating an advantage over the others. But now Paragon is facing the penalty they deserved, leaving all their Fans and Sponsors behind in the cold. Its all in the game Buddy. And whoes to blame for that? Exactly.