The LFR discussion

Re: The LFR discussion

Post 07 Dec 2011 09:48

User avatarmeth

I have the feeling a lot of people think that sponsors are controlling the guild and exercise free power over it. That is not the case I would say. If Paragon members write replies here, than it is because the issue obviously affects them and their guild, and they have an opinion they want to voice.

<ringuh> i try to avoid being sober when doing any kinda pugs

Post 07 Dec 2011 09:53

so...

A lot of flaming going on directed at Paragon!!!

were they the only guild affected by this "exploit"?

I think not,easy to point the finger at the ones that are on the top when they are constantly in the spotlight.

I am not saying it is ok what you guys did,just pointing out for the trolls that there are more boats floating in this pond of exploiting.

You still rock & for what you have done to the game coming from a social raiding enviroment & going hardcore,I salute you.

Good luck on your ventures for world first,show them critics wrong & DO IT

PS:a pinch of skill & a batch of SUOMI=succes

Post 07 Dec 2011 10:18

well even with week delay paragon will reach hc madness of deathwing world 1st anyway.

Post 07 Dec 2011 11:55

Indeed Paragon for World's first!!!!

Post 07 Dec 2011 12:59

This just makes the race more interesting :p Go Paragon!

Post 07 Dec 2011 13:27

So Paragon proved they were human by doing something illegal, got punished, and they apologized for it.
I know many people would like to see them perma-banned since most can't compete (I know I can't compete, least I'm honest about it), but instead Blizzard decided to knock them out of the race for First(well, possibly knock them out of the race). Fitting punishment in my eyes.

Paragon, I do wish you the best of luck in the race to catch up.

Post 07 Dec 2011 16:22

I find it comical when people cry ethics.

My guess is most of the people on this board (and any other WOW forum for that matter) have never been in a seriously-competitive position before.

You cannot possibly empathize with the decision process for someone within a competitive atmosphere when faced with an ethical dilemma like this. College athletes are faced with this dilemma all the time: do I take performance-enhancing drugs, which are not allowed, or do I fall behind the competition who I KNOW is taking them?

It's a fairly simple dilemma to understand, and one that is NOWHERE CLOSE to being analogous to the childish example of jumping off a bridge.

There were 4 possible outcomes to this dilemma:

1. Exploit just as all other competition is exploiting; be punished.

2. Don't exploit while everyone else is exploiting, NO ONE gets any punishment, and you are now operating at a disadvantage.

3. Exploit just as all other competition is exploiting; no punishment is handed down, and you have maintained competitive equilibrium.

4. Don't exploit while everyone else is exploiting, punishment is handed down, and the race goes on without some competition.

I will again say that most people here except for Paragon themselves cannot empathize with this situation, because there is A LOT riding on a world first kill (everything from sponsorship to pride).

Think about it... what would you do given this situation? Now ask yourself, if you take the morale high-road and LOSE to those who exploited... what does that mean? How much do you lose? Is it worth it to take that chance?

Post 07 Dec 2011 20:01

root wrote:
There were 4 possible outcomes to this dilemma:

Is it?

root wrote:1. Exploit just as all other competition is exploiting; be punished.

Not all are exploiting. There are also Guilds who supports fairplay, Like VODKA like Blood legion, Like many other guilds through out the world. Paragon decided to cheat, play it unfair and tried to steal the price in front the noses of those who are playing it fair.

root wrote:2. Don't exploit while everyone else is exploiting, NO ONE gets any punishment, and you are now operating at a disadvantage.

That's not true, Karma is a bitch. If Paragon didn't cheat last time, they have proven themselves they can become World First even without cheating. why couldn't they now? Lack in self confidence? Or confidence in the team as a whole? At least there are guilds out there who had faith in themselves and the team as a whole; and refuse to cheat.

root wrote:3. Exploit just as all other competition is exploiting; no punishment is handed down, and you have maintained competitive equilibrium.

Not everyone is cheating/exploiting. We aren't all on the bad side. We aren't all morons. There are good people too out there who dare to try or die trying without cheating.

root wrote:4. Don't exploit while everyone else is exploiting, punishment is handed down, and the race goes on without some competition.

You're not alone, there is others too out there who stays on the right path. You're not to blame for others to play unfair, aslong you did the right thing, you deserve to win, at least to make a chance. Those who cheated does not deserve to claim the price.

Think about it... what would you do given this situation? Now ask yourself, if you take the morale high-road and LOSE to those who exploited... what does that mean? How much do you lose? Is it worth it to take that chance?

Please ask this question to:
1 Blood Legion (25 r) US-Illidan
2 vodka (25 r) US-Alterac Mountains
3 Enigma (25 r) US-Deathwing
4 TG (25 r) US-Arthas
5 Premonition (25) US-Sen'Jin
6 Инсигния (25 r) EU-Страж смерти
7 Immersion (25 r) EU-Auchindoun
8 Exploding Labrats (25) EU-Stormreaver
8 Карфаген (25 r) EU-Пиратская Бухта
10 Suit Up (25) US-Frostmourne

and thousands of more guild more this same question; they have the most perfect answer for you sir.
They are our true heroes who aint cheating but supported fairplay.

Post 07 Dec 2011 20:03

Well, 10man or not, you f***ing made the 5/8!
I was so totally fanboy screaming :P

Post 07 Dec 2011 20:27

Not to derail, but /Paragon fanboy scream.

And I'm from the United States...