The Dragon Soul

The Dragon Soul

Post 30 Nov 2011 07:31

I just want to wish you all from DREAM Paragon good luck with the new raid. And I can't wait 'til I hear that you guys have taken "The Worlds First" kill, both in normal & on heroic, especially heroic. ^^

Well, keep it up as you guys do! Always fun to watch, listen and read of how it's going and so on.

Once again Good Luck!

//MisterShitty

Re: The Dragon Soul

Post 30 Nov 2011 07:35

Post 30 Nov 2011 07:35

User avatarHermanni

Hate to break it to you but there is no way we'll get first normal kills on anything... not that we really care though.

Post 06 Dec 2011 06:58

User avatarMonsteramous

Hermanni wrote:Hate to break it to you but there is no way we'll get first normal kills on anything... not that we really care though.

It's basically impossible for an EU guild to get the world 1st normal kill isn't it. The US gets the patch a day before EU does.

Post 07 Dec 2011 02:31

User avatarAurumai

Monsteramous wrote:It's basically impossible for an EU guild to get the world 1st normal kill isn't it. The US gets the patch a day before EU does.

Even with that said, I doubt that any of the tops guilds really care about normal modes. The "race" to fully clear a new raid on normal mode is over way too fast to call the winner the best. There are guilds on my realm that cleared Dragon Soul in the first couple of hours, but I definitely wouldn't consider them world-class guilds.

Think of it this way -- It's like a race to kill a level 10 mob. It's easy, many people will one-shot it, and killing it isn't a testament to your skill, it's just proof that you were there at the perfect time to be the first to kill it. Heroic modes, on the other hand, take WAY longer to complete because so many different mechanics are introduced into the fights. Heroic Modes also can't be tested on the PTR, so when you go into them, you really have no idea what you're doing until trial and error plays it's course.

Post 07 Dec 2011 02:38

User avatarKyy

Aurumai wrote:Heroic Modes also can't be tested on the PTR, so when you go into them, you really have no idea what you're doing until trial and error plays it's course.

Heroics are tested on PTR, just last bosses normally aren't tested on heroic.

Hating with passion