So dks are useless in Dragonsoul?

So dks are useless in Dragonsoul?

Post 28 Nov 2011 23:48

Mister Jubeto. i would like for you to explain your statement in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2920

Where u are saying: Shaman, Hunter and DK will be the top 3 useless classes for dragon soul. With hunter being very very high on that dreaded list.

As i play a dk myself a shiver runs down my spine, pls mister jubeto explain this to me and why u think this, HUGS TO ALL

Re: So dks are useless in Dragonsoul?

Post 29 Nov 2011 00:27

User avatarKyy

does there need to be any reason other than their dps cant compete with legendary casters and rogues/warriors? And that there isn't any fights that would have some AMS gimmick (like al'akir)

Hating with passion

Post 29 Nov 2011 00:36

User avatarLazei

I hate these kinds of threads. Does every caster in your guild have legendary? Is every other player in your guild atleast as good as you? Probably no. A DK, enha shaman or whatever other spec we don't happen to use is probably good enough for your guild if you are a good enough player.

Post 01 Dec 2011 10:28

Well as a DK tank i find there us some use for AMS such as the void bolt on Yor ' Sahj or the pyschic drain on Warlord Zon'ozz, also we have a hunter aswell that tops the charts most of the time if not second (behind a fire mage with legendary) I dont neccesarily find that these classes are useless, i haven't seen enhance shaman yet but im sure i will eventually, but yeah these arent useless they are just good for only specific fights where as other classes can and maybe suited for all fights!

Post 01 Dec 2011 11:27

Perhaps 'useless' might have been a bit too strong of word, perhaps a more accurate description of what he was saying would be 'top 3 weakest' classes.

Like Lazei said, for 99% of guilds you can pretty much use any class in your raid and if you're competent enough easily clear everything given the time. While DK/Hunter/Shaman may not be the BEST classes in the world in 4.3, they're still competitive enough to have a spot in everything but the elite of the elite of raiding.

However; in Paragon's (and a few other guilds) case they have the dedication and resources for their members to play any class that they need. This, along with the fact that they have 12 (by my count) legendary staves, makes certain classes indeed 'useless' for them. With Paragon's ability to have a full raid with nearly ANY class-combination, why on earth would they not go for the absolute optimal set-up? Why bring a DK when they could have Warriors that do more DPS or Rogues that are working on Legendaries and do more DPS? Why bring a Hunter when you could have a caster with a Legendary that does more? Why bring a Resto Shaman when a Paladin/Priest/Druid does more healing in the situations they're in? Where in every case the player behind the class is playing to near perfection.

So while the differences between classes may appear slight (and may indeed be slight)to most guilds, for Paragon it may make all the difference between World 1st and World 2nd.

But who knows! Perhaps Paragon will find some crazy strategy involving DKs or Hunters that gets them the World 1st Heroic Madness of Deathwing kill!

TL;DR: This only applies to guilds like Paragon, do whatever you want with these classes unless your going for World 1st and everyone in your raid plays near-perfect.

Also:
SybanDraenor wrote:Well as a DK tank i find there us some use for AMS such as the void bolt on Yor ' Sahj or the pyschic drain on Warlord Zon'ozz

I believe Kyy was refering specifically about DPS DKs, and by gimmicks meant using AMS to essentially ignore an ability that would usually reduce your uptime on the fight, thus increasing your damage. Which is something that would make them competitive with classes with usually higher DPS, however it seems this isn't possible in 4.3 fights =(.