paragons view on hunter dps in 4.3

paragons view on hunter dps in 4.3

Post 25 Nov 2011 02:25

hello, i am a decently skilled hunter, not nearly as skileld as many here, but i wanted to ask for the main raid team's view on hunter dps for 4.3, i would appreciae if a top memeber of paragon can give an answer to this, as i plan on using this as a referance to the WOW forums

the question is, do you believe that hunters dps is low (aka what rank out of the 10 classes would you give them?, is it low copared to other classes best dps specs), and if so, is it low to the point that the progression group will be benching their hunters

ty for your time, and if i am on the wrong forums, i appologize, i googled to try and find this

Re: paragons view on hunter dps in 4.3

Post 25 Nov 2011 02:51

User avatarJubeto

I'm having trouble finding a better joke even from comedy central.

Goddamn, this fissure skill is inaccurate.

Post 25 Nov 2011 03:16

I think it would have been fairly obvious to have posted this under the Hunter forums. As well, make sure to proof read your posts before you click submit. However, in regards to your actual question, go to World of Logs, and look at hunter's on certain boss fights to see how well they do, as well as looking at hunter's on your own server in your servers top guilds, and see what kind of dps they are doing. By doing this, you'll be able to answer your own question. I am sure there are other sites as well to see what the general population of raiders playing as hunter's are doing.

Post 25 Nov 2011 03:27

sorry about the spelling errors, my spell check broke and i cant seem to fix it, but the question asked is about hunters in 4.3 content, which WoL does not carry much info on, im not asking for detailed logs, but i want to see one of the worlds top guilds opinions on hunter dps, i put this in general forums because it is likely to recieve more trafic

so basically, i want to know if paragon is benching thier hunters for 4.3 progression due to hunter dps, and i did look through the hunter forums before i posted this here, and found nothing (based on titals of the threads) on this issue

Post 25 Nov 2011 03:41

User avatarJubeto

Alright, lets do some comparison between classes for dragon soul. What do casters have? LEGENDARIES ON EVERYONE + Dots and awesome ranged direct damage. What do melee have? Cleaves and good direct damage and the Dragon Soul AP buff.
What do hunters have? Mediocre direct damage and AoE in previous tier and no ap buff for Dragon Soul.
On top of that pretty much every fight favors multidotting, cleaving or sitting still in melee range.

Shaman, Hunter and DK will be the top 3 useless classes for dragon soul. With hunter being very very high on that dreaded list.

edit: Since some dudes are quoting this text completely out of context I'm going to clarify some things. I'm obviously talking about cutting-edge raiding, I'm going to quote Lazeil from another thread: "I hate these kinds of threads. Does every caster in your guild have legendary? Is every other player in your guild atleast as good as you? Probably no. A DK, enha shaman or whatever other spec we don't happen to use is probably good enough for your guild if you are a good enough player."
I may have listed shaman and dk in the list, the reason is that the only specs that are worth a raid spot for these classes in race to world first is blood and elemental. And you most likely don't want to have more than 1 of each in your raid. And I'm assuming there won't be some cheesy strat involving AMS rotation or something similar.
Some people still use the good old BUT IN TOP 20 GUILD X/MY GUILD A HUNTER/ENHA SHAMAN IS CONSTANTLY IN TOP 5 U KNOW NOTHING DICKFACE. There probably is a good reason why they're a top 20 guild rather than top 3 and those "in my guild" arguments are terrible since the numbers aren't compared with the best results, its more than likely that a random guild's members aren't exactly that good when it comes to minmaxing.

edit 2: Should've probably used "overall shittiest classes" instead of "useless" to avoid confusion that you should never take said classes to your raid. 8DDDDDD
Last edited by Jubeto on 03 Dec 2011 22:28, edited 3 times in total.

Goddamn, this fissure skill is inaccurate.

Post 25 Nov 2011 03:56

Jubeto wrote:Alright, lets do some comparison between classes for dragon soul. What do casters have? LEGENDARIES ON EVERYONE + Dots and awesome ranged direct damage. What do melee have? Cleaves and good direct damage and the Dragon Soul AP buff.
What do hunters have? Mediocre direct damage and AoE in previous tier and no ap buff for Dragon Soul.
On top of that pretty much every fight favors multidotting, cleaving or sitting still in melee range.

Shaman, Hunter and DK will be the top 3 useless classes for dragon soul. With hunter being very very high on that dreaded list.

thank you for the reply, i now have something to use when arguing that hunters need a little help in 4.3 (not saying we need a HUGE buff, but we do need something)

i would like it if you could get a more credited member of paragnon (and the hunter community) to agree with you on this though, as many people will not accept an arguement from someone they do not know (sorry if you are a highly creditable source of paragon, i do not know much more about your guild other than it being 1 of the best in the world, and that kruf [or however you spell his name] is one of the guilds [or was one] main hunters)

anyway, even if this is not followed up on any more, thank you for the time you have spent answering my question

Post 25 Nov 2011 12:44

User avatarzYN

alfavhunter wrote:i would like it if you could get a more credited member of paragnon

If I could, I'd just stare at you for a long while without saying anything just because of that comment.

Hunters are absolute crap tier. Same with Death Knights of all specs and melee Shamans (elemental isn't much better, but they have legendary). Rogue is the only good melee class in the game.

The PvE class balance is the worst it has been at for the past couple of years.

[edit:] Obviously enough, the crap tier list was only an example.

Post 25 Nov 2011 13:31

User avatardeva

We only gonna run 1 hunter i'd guess. Anyways i think hunter is pretty ok damagewise on average guild who doesn't have 14 legendaries on their casters, but hunter is no where near it was on BoT, BWD and FL raids. Survivability for hunters is ridicilously crap and there is lots of encounters what punish hunters for being classcannons that they are atm. If only blizzard would have given 10% ap bonus for hunters too...

Mess with the best, die like the rest!

Post 25 Nov 2011 17:24

zYN wrote:
alfavhunter wrote:i would like it if you could get a more credited member of paragnon

If I could, I'd just stare at you for a long while without saying anything just because of that comment.

Hunters are absolute crap tier. Same with Death Knights of all specs and melee Shamans (elemental isn't much better, but they have legendary). Rogue is the only good melee class in the game.

The PvE class balance is the worst it has been at for the past couple of years.

i appologized for that comment for a reason, i knew it was somewhat oiffencive, but i wanted an actual member of paragon to post, his guild name was Aragon, i do not know if that is a subdivision of paragon or not due to the member cap in guilds, but i wanted a comment directly from 1 of the paragon guild members as i plan on using this forum as a reference to use in the world of warcraft forums to call for 1 of 2 things

1. improved scaling for hunters, which is as easy as changing hawk and hunters mark to a +X% RaP instead of a static amount
or
2. for hunters to recieve the bandaid buff of the extra 10% AP

i would hoinestly prefer #1 because it would be more of a long term fix, but neither are likely to happen due to blizzards velief that hunters dps was strong if not high in 4.2 (8/10 is defanatly not high, in my book)

ty for your respanses though as this forum will make a good reference to show one of the worlds top guilds views on hunters for 4.3 when it comes to top end progression for world 1st