Alliance vs Horde - Raiding

Alliance vs Horde - Raiding

Post 21 Nov 2011 20:49

User avatarMonsteramous

I'm curious, why does Paragon play Horde? This isn't one of those typical Alliance vs Horde threads for all you fan boys (and girls) to start bashing one another. I'm dead serious, what is it- are the racial abilities better?

Edit: Anyone can throw their two cents in, it's not just for Paragon to answer lol.

Re: Alliance vs Horde - Raiding

Post 21 Nov 2011 21:42

User avatarJubeto

Horde racials have always been better untill cataclysm. Faction changing all characters would cost too much so I doubt we're going to do that any time soon.

Goddamn, this fissure skill is inaccurate.

Post 21 Nov 2011 21:56

User avatarMonsteramous

Jubeto wrote:Horde racials have always been better untill cataclysm. Faction changing all characters would cost too much so I doubt we're going to do that any time soon.

So Alliance racials are better at the moment?

Post 21 Nov 2011 22:29

Monsteramous wrote:So Alliance racials are better at the moment?

to be more precise worgen racials are better at the moment, seeing as thats all that changed between xpacs.

also i have definitely written in a thread on this here recently, finding it may answer your questions.

Post 22 Nov 2011 09:23

User avatarMonsteramous

Spiritrain wrote:
Monsteramous wrote:So Alliance racials are better at the moment?

to be more precise worgen racials are better at the moment, seeing as thats all that changed between xpacs.

also i have definitely written in a thread on this here recently, finding it may answer your questions.

So unless I'm gonna roll Worgen then the Horde is still the better choice for progression?

Post 22 Nov 2011 10:34

In my opinion it depends on what class you're playing.

> Human is by far the best race for any healer because of the spiritbonus.

> Worgen is the strongest for spell/rangedps but are great for melee too. Aberration and darkflight are great for surviving and the critbonus is great for dps.

Of course the other races aren't worthless but I think those two stands out the most.

And remember, this is my opinion and may be totally wrong to others :P

Post 22 Nov 2011 10:48

User avatarMonsteramous

shirre wrote:In my opinion it depends on what class you're playing.

> Human is by far the best race for any healer because of the spiritbonus.

> Worgen is the strongest for spell/rangedps but are great for melee too. Aberration and darkflight are great for surviving and the critbonus is great for dps.

Of course the other races aren't worthless but I think those two stands out the most.

And remember, this is my opinion and may be totally wrong to others :P

Well I already have an 85 worgen mage, but I was thinking about rolling a warlock. Orc has the best racials for a warlock, by far. Also, troll is pretty good for a mage as well, and my DK is a tauren atm but will be changing to a goblin. I think i'll go horde.

Post 22 Nov 2011 12:25

IF you are progression raider chances are that being able to get out of stuff quicker will make more of a difference then doing ~100 dps more. of course this is in general but the reason worgen is so strong is that they have both a strong survival cd (darkflight) and a good passive dps increase (1% crit), whereas for just about any other race you are deciding between the survivability and the dps increase (orcs v goblins etc)

Post 22 Nov 2011 13:34

User avatarMonsteramous

Spiritrain wrote:IF you are progression raider chances are that being able to get out of stuff quicker will make more of a difference then doing ~100 dps more. of course this is in general but the reason worgen is so strong is that they have both a strong survival cd (darkflight) and a good passive dps increase (1% crit), whereas for just about any other race you are deciding between the survivability and the dps increase (orcs v goblins etc)

Goblins are the better race IMO. Orcs might be able to jack up their DPS every 3 minutes, but goblins have rocket jump which can be useful in a situation like the Rag encounter. If you didn't think you could get out of the fire in time you could just rocket jump. They also have some general abilities like getting discounts that help idiots like me who can't hold on to gold to save my life lol.

Worgen is like the perfect combo of goblin and orc for a DK, increased DPS and a survivalibity CD. They're OP in a way lol.

Post 07 Dec 2011 02:44

User avatarAurumai

Monsteramous wrote:I'm curious, why does Paragon play Horde? This isn't one of those typical Alliance vs Horde threads for all you fan boys (and girls) to start bashing one another. I'm dead serious, what is it- are the racial abilities better?

Edit: Anyone can throw their two cents in, it's not just for Paragon to answer lol.

Racials can play a part in the decision of which faction you play. It's definitely no secret that Horde are generally dominant over the Alliance.

I'd venture to say that it's just their preference, though. Let's remember that there are Alliance guilds in the top. High-end gaming works for both factions, so you'd imagine that there isn't that much imbalance between the two.