Baleroc Bloodlust: When?

Baleroc Bloodlust: When?

Post 16 Nov 2011 05:54

I searched all of Paragon's forums for this, Vodka's as well, and even Google (found this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973021227 ), but couldn't find a reliable topic backed by credible sources.

On Baleroc heroic, I'm in favor of popping Bloodlust right at the start. Our fire mage, who also happens to be our raid leader, disagrees, and says the extra healing is needed in execute range, as well as upping the raid's dps while in execute range. I've looked at our parses ( http://worldoflogs.com/reports/v51bnd19 ... 927&e=6294 ) and I can definitely see our raid dps is significantly higher at the start, yet he still uses the healing argument. Every parse I check, from Vodka's to all the top parses on worldoflogs, definitely show bloodlust at the start, which supports my theory.

What is your opinion on this?

Re: Baleroc Bloodlust: When?

Post 16 Nov 2011 06:36

to maximize RAID dps you pop it on the pull. its the only time where everyone has all their buffs up(+prepot).
if you pop lust at execute range you just reduce its duration meaning your raid will end up using less execute abilities with cooldowns( hammers of wrath, kill shots etc ). not to mention the unsync of dps cooldowns and trinket procs.

your raid leader personally benefits more from late lust than anyone else as he gets extra 12% damage for all his abilities for the <35% part of fight. (why is he fire anyways?)

however on balerocs case i believe theres a somewhat popular strat where you delay the lust till first shard comes up so healers can max their stacks from soakers.

Post 16 Nov 2011 07:43

The best system I have personally seen used was to have bloodlust used as soon as the first crystals came up so that healers could maximize their stacks. I think its something between 5-10 seconds after pull that this crystal appears so simply prepot, then if your dps wants to wait until lust they will still have around 10 seconds remaining on their prepot, and if not they can pop their cds off the start as normal and simply gain the extra attack/cast speed a few seconds in.

Unless you are right at the enrage timer (if your leader switched from fire to arcane you would probably be further from it), the only thing that will really wipe you is if the healers cannot heal the tank(s) enough at the end.

Speaking personally in a 10man(heroic) setting with a paladin tank the healers I have been running with dont even need to heal the tank for the amount of time the first crystal is up, allowing both of them to gain huge amounts of the buff while lust is up without having to pay much attention to mana, which pays off huge later on.

Post 29 Nov 2011 23:40

Lust at first shard. Makes everyone benefit from it the most. Healers can stack the buff waaay higher.

Post 30 Nov 2011 08:49

rinku wrote:to maximize RAID dps you pop it on the pull.