Steelseries vs Razer

Steelseries vs Razer

Post 06 Nov 2011 05:40

User avatarMonsteramous

Paragon, why Steelseries? I've heard that Razer is all looks and no quality, but have you tried both brands? If so why do you prefer Steelseries, and what products would you recommend from them?

Re: Steelseries vs Razer

Post 06 Nov 2011 15:04

User avatararx

I'm sure Razer delivers quality products as well, but we enjoy both the hardware and our lasting relationship with SteelSeries.

A lot of these things come down to personal taste, but my first recommendation would be the Siberia v2 headset to pretty much anyone. It has an excellent mic for its price range, and the sound quality isn't too shabby either. Sponsorship or not, they offer the best value for affordable headsets I've tested.

I'd also suggest trying out the 6Gv2 or 7G keyboards if you get your hands on one. The feel is a real opinion divider, but if you like it, they're really nice keyboards. I don't recommend buying one before trying it at a LAN or a store though, since it's a lot of money if you happen to be on the hater camp :)

Other stuff is just even more up to personal opinion, like mouse shapes and mouse pad materials. But if you have questions about specific products that we've used, I'm sure somebody can voice their opinion.

arx / xaar