Raid loot Info

Raid loot Info

Post 25 Aug 2011 13:25

User avatarNekì-Ssl

Just wonder how ur raid loot work, I assume you use DKP system but I have some questions.
First do u reset it after every content or after expansion. Or u dont use DKP and just give item to player who have most benefits from it.Reason to ask this is that my guild have some problems now with our dkp system which work 3 years and now some of ppl are not happy with it and it make problems. So I wonder how u fix stuff like that as one of top guilds its big pressure and even small prob can lead to disband. Thanks for your time.

Re: Raid loot Info

Post 26 Aug 2011 10:09

We reset DKP at the start of every new tier. The upcoming tier's PTR and last tier's attendance make up the new starting DKP. The differences in the starting DKPs aren't big but we give a small advantage to those who "deserve" it by being in most raids above those that take days off.

Post 26 Aug 2011 10:39

User avatarHermanni

We also reset DKP after we kill the final boss of a tier for the first time so people can't save DKP for items that drop from the last boss.

Post 01 Sep 2011 18:58

You use DKP even for progress content? I was under the impression that you would be using loot council to put gear in the right places for the content.

Post 01 Sep 2011 21:03

User avatarHermanni

Loot Council never works properly. No single person can keep track of the turn out rates of every individual in the guild or weigh their performance and need of gear, and officers in guilds that use this tend to make sure they get the goodies first. As much as I used to hate it, I'd recommend using DKP for any guild. It's nowhere near as rotten as Loot "Councils" and doesn't really much take more time to maintain than arguing about every piece of pixels you get.

Post 02 Sep 2011 15:11

User avatarxenophics

I've had good experiences of loot council, and still vouch for it. But I'm fine with the system we have at the moment.

We actually use loot council -ish method to distribute loot during progress, which means that we don't give loot to people we know won't be playing for instance in the final boss setup. Just generally making sure everything goes into good use.

Post 02 Sep 2011 15:54

User avatarKyy

I've use loot council in two different guilds myself, never really had issues with it. But you cant really say which loot system is best, it depends on the people using it. Some officers might be tempted to take everything themselfs and on some guilds dkp leads to people burning others dkp without actually wanting that item just to make sure they get some other item for themselfs. Or just save their dkp for bis and ignore upgrades.

If everyone just shares the idea of loot being a tool to progress instead of reward it wont matter which system you use. It's the people causing problems, not the system.

Hating with passion

Post 07 Sep 2011 13:45

Do you guys use master looter or group loot to handle loot distribution? I notice alot of guilds that use dkp set the looting to group loot but just let the winner 'need' the item in the group loot so they don't have to have 1 person assign everyone the loot after the kills. It sort of ensures looting will get done in the 3min window of the loot popup.

Also what has been the top dkp items this tier.

Post 07 Sep 2011 14:17

We have group loot on. Lately Ilonie always rolls greed on every item and distributes / disenchants them if needed. People roll need if bids are already done before they have passed or if they already know they are going to get an item. To make adding the items to the DKP site easier (since with 6+ items dropping and open bids on raid chat can get pretty spammy) you have to whisper with the item name and DKP you paid for it to whoever is adding that stuff if you loot something.

Most paid items from this tier have been Ragnaros 2h mace, Ragnaros bow, 2x Majordomo neck and conqueror head piece.