Asus Monitor

Asus Monitor

Post 23 Aug 2011 09:48

Hi, I have a question not directly concerning WOW. Im on the lookout for a new monitor and as you guys (might) be using Asus I was wondering if you could give some advice on a specific model. I am aiming for 22 or preferebly 24 inch.

Secondly I am not fan of the glossy look as reflections are a pain then.

Also seeing the monitors at Gamescom etc it looks like Asus monitors, what might be the models used?

Thank you in advance

Re: Asus Monitor

Post 25 Aug 2011 00:08

User avatarzYN

Not a big fan of glossy displays either. Especially during summer time they're absolute hell.

I'd recommend a good 120hz ("3D") monitor for gaming. They're all built around TN-panels though, which isn't the most awesome thing ever if you look for extras like huge viewing angles and absolutely perfect color reproduction. I consider that kind of stuff pretty much unnecessary, when it's a decision between those & incredible smoothness coupled with very, very fast response time.

If you only play WoW, it might be a bit of an overkill. But in any twitch games you will easily notice the difference if you play at high level. Plus you'll get the option to play in 3D-mode as well in games like Fallout 3 etc, which is pretty awesome in itself.

I have no clue what models ASUS had at Gamescom though, sorry. They've got a pretty rocking 120hz display as well that I've tested out. But it's a glossy screen. I don't have a light-controlled environment, so it's just not for me. If you do though, it's definitely worth it.

Re: Asus Monitor

Post 25 Aug 2011 07:15

Hi and thank you for the feedback

I have checked out the ASUS screen with glossy glass. VG236H, 120 hz

But its not for me either, its simply too mirror like.

So despite the mixed reviews I have ordered a BenQ XL2410T as it seems with the new firmware all the backlight bleeding problems have been more or less fixed.

Thank you again for taking the time to answer

/Nato