Resto Shamans in 25-man raids?

Resto Shamans in 25-man raids?

Post 19 Jul 2011 23:08

Hi Guys, greatly admire the guild and i salute you upon your recent Ragnaros HC kill.

I am currently lvling a resto shaman, and i got curious as to see the talents, gems, glyphs, etc. that a resto shaman in Paragon would use. But after checking out your shamans, i couldnt help but notice that none of the shamans in your guild has the Ragnaros HC achievement or any HC achievements for that matter. In a 25-man team setup i'd always thought that including all the classes would be a good idea since every class brings something exclusive to the table.

So that makes me wonder if you guys dont like resto shamans, or shamans in general. Not that i have any expert opinion in any shape or form about hardcore 25-man raiding setups. Is this just coincidence, or is there a reason you guys dont like resto shamans?

Just something i noticed, nothing major. Apparently you dont need shamans in order to kill Ragnaros HC.

Best regards, and again, good job on World First Ragnaros Kill.

Re: Resto Shamans in 25-man raids?

Post 19 Jul 2011 23:28

User avatarKyy

If you aim for high end raiding, such as top5 guilds do then shaman is the worst healer class currently in game. There is a huge deal of issues with the spec if you need to min/max.

1. Shaman healing is greatly dependent on raids positioning, both main raid healing abilities; healing rain and chain heal can be next to worthless if raid is spread or fight needs constant movement.

2. Lack of raid saving cool downs is a huge deal when raiding on new content with gear from previous tier. Disc priests and resto druids give way better cool downs to deal with incoming dmg then spirit link totem.

3. Even while shamans are able to put up a decent tank healing. While running as few healers as possible makes paladins with beacon better choice.

4. Mana tide is more needed by the shamans them self then other healers, so you don't really need tide unless you bring shaman. (See what I did there?)

5. Fairly low survivability; only real cool down we have is glyphed stone claw totem

These are just the most obvious issues with the spec currently there is. Also there is few other things but those aren't so major.

But if you ain't aiming for cutting edge progress you should be able to perform good as other healers, as long as you stay on top of your game

Hating with passion

Post 19 Jul 2011 23:52

Thank you for the quick and accurate answer :)

Post 20 Jul 2011 01:23

In 10-mans things are even worse =)