Priest discussion

Re: Priest discussion

Post 28 May 2010 16:04

User avatarJhazrun

That's quite the fine dilemma, Octaine,

Octaine wrote:What is the best holy weapon of Midnight Sun Heroic(264) and Frozen Bonespike?

My Holy weapon-of-choice is the [Bonespike].

While socketed items do possess an innate budgeting advantage, the [Sun] spends it unwisely on STA and Haste, failing to make up for the inferiority of Mp5.

Having said that, the ['Spike] stands little chance in the hand of Discipline.

Post 28 May 2010 20:18

Okey, thanks alot for the help.

-Oct

Post 30 May 2010 12:09

Hello i got some questions for Nalena.

Hey Nalena ! I have noticed that you play pvp on your spare time while not raiding. Since i think you look like the most experienced discipline priest in paragon that seems to know a lot about pvp, i chosed to ask you these questions.
I am kind of new to PvP since i have been focusing on my PvE specc, gems, enchants etc. So i am kind of lost in the world of PvP for disc priests, would you like to help me ?

My questions are the following:
What should i socket as disc priest and why ?
What trinkets are best for PvP ?
What does spell penetration do ? (i know kinda noobie but i dont understand when i read it)
What should i enchant ?
Is renew any good to use in PvP ?
When i play vs like dks, palas, locks, etc. That can heal them selves, i go oom. How should i do vs those classes ?
What should i use my JC gems for ? what stats, is it good to do 34 resilence ?

Then i have some questions about your specc.
Why have you not chosen to put points on:
Reflective Shield, Improved Flash Heal, Divine Aegis (full), Blessed Recovery, Spell Warding and Holy Specialization.

And one last question ! what is your casting time on smite, in pvp gear and pvp specc ?
I know it's a lot of questions, hope you can answered all of em :) would be very nice !

Post 30 May 2010 12:48

Hello, i am holy speced and i wonder which gems i shoudl gem in orange sockets.'
is it

12sp and 10 haste
or
12sp and 10 int

?

Post 30 May 2010 16:29

Hey bobbo,

I'll just get straight to your questions but i'd like to point out that disc priests are very versatile and there are many different styles of play, so my way may or may not be the best for you.

What should i socket as disc priest and why ?
-Often times people like go for SP. This is a good choice for overall play. If you want to take a more different approach you might want to try stacking up haste or even MP5. For beginners I recommend SP and some haste on the side. Once you get better and improve you might want to stack more haste, depending on your comp of course.

What trinkets are best for PvP ?
-If you are not human, pick the 264 ilvl PvP trinket as your first choice. After that it's pretty much free for all. You can try getting 258 solace. The battlemaster trinket is always a solid one, though. It can save your life if you are being silenced and interrupted a lot while focused.

What does spell penetration do ?
-It decreases the amount of resists. Try getting around 130.

What should i enchant ?
-The basic resilience and SP/resi chants will do fine. For legs SP/stam will do fine.

Is renew any good to use in PvP ?
-Sometimes. I use it randomly on people taking decent damage. Often times a prom, a PW:S or a penance is better, though. Also, if you are being attacked you can throw it on yourself (figures).

When i play vs like dks, palas, locks, etc. That can heal them selves, i go oom. How should i do vs those classes ?
-If you are being overgeared it's pretty much a certain loss. But against the same level of gear you do stand a chance. A lock can be a tricky one if he manages to get a spell lock on your cast and a few fears as well. The dots will eat you away.
Good DKs are hard to beat without reflective shield. The same goes for palas. After DK has used his trinket, AMS and all the other 1000 cooldowns you get an opportunity to try and burst him down, assuming that he is around 70% HP. Throw a fear, dot him up if you haven't already and burst him with everything you've got. Holy fire, smites, SW:D and if possible hand rockets.

What should i use my JC gems for ?
-If you are lacking resilience go for it. Otherwise you can choose freely from SP, haste and even MP5.

About my spec:
-Reflective Shield, Improved Flash Heal, Divine Aegis (full), Blessed Recovery, Spell Warding and Holy Specialization.
-Reflective Shield is best for 2v2. Probably could use it a double healer setup as well but don't have the spare points.
-Imp. FH is not really needed. Simple as that.
-Divine Aegis is good if you have enough crit and SP. I have gemmed/geared for haste so I lack crit a bit too much. I just keep it as a trash buff.
-Blessed Recovery gives a slight bonus if you are being focused. It also an expensive talent since it requires 3 points if maxed (or if you want an additional trash buff then it's only one). I don't have any real need for it.
-Spell Warding is good, I don't deny that. I find Divine Fury to be better due to the ability to do burst damage when needed with HF+smite.
-Holy Spec. is good if you have DA maxed. It's a tough choice whether to take 3/3 imp. renew or 3/5 holy spec. The crit is usually better.

what is your casting time on smite, in pvp gear and pvp specc ?
-1.5 seconds UB. 1.2 with borrowed time or PI and 1 sec with both.

Hope this was helpful.

Post 30 May 2010 19:18

Hi.

This question is for Jhazrun

I just checked your armory and i was really curious about youre gem choice (only SP)
I was wondering if this is the best choice for the holy spec at the moment?

Thank you

Post 31 May 2010 11:38

User avatarJhazrun

Feel welcome, bohamad and lauriel,

bohamad wrote:I am holy speced and i wonder which gems i shoudl gem in orange sockets?

SP-INT is generally sported by those primarily in for ten-man content or in low-end equipment.
The transition to 25-mans and/or higher levels of gear brings about a lessened concern for mana, providing favorable grounds for SP-Haste.

lauriel wrote:I was really curious about youre gem choice (only SP)
I was wondering if this is the best choice for the holy spec at the moment?

Facing content not outclassed via gear or the Warsong, Holy will find it more efficient to pick up socket boni.

My draconic hoarding of Spell Power originates from our attempts at dethroning the Lich King with me playing the part of the primary Power Word: Shield blanketer to combat Infest.

Post 04 Jun 2010 01:26

Hi, I am new here and sry for my bad english, I would like to know which chest should I get, I have 95 frost right now and dont know what to buy also I have a dilema between http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=50966/abracadaver or http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=47894#comments + http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=47309#comments -

I am holy priest and my char http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Narkissus ,thx

Post 08 Jun 2010 14:43

Hello :]

This question is for Jhazrun.

I have recently been playing with D.R.U.I.D. and really have been loving the mobility of it for hardmodes. I just have a couple questions. I regemmed awhile back to all 23sp (as I had seen from your armory), however I noticed on here you were advising to forgo that and gem SP/Spirit and SP/Haste becuase you were gemming raw sp due to you being the primary disc priest in H25LK. Based upon this, should I regem everything (resources are not a problem)?

As far as weps are concerened do you find H-Dying Light or H-Truama to be better overall? I have both and I have been playing around with them a bit.

Also, if its not too much trouble would you mind looking over my armory to see if you have any suggestions as to any changes I should be making? I was wondering if you suggest using Memory of Malygos over Ring of Maddening Whispers. I also noticed you use both of those over the rep ring, is this also something you would recommend?

Thanks so much!

Note: If it makes any difference I am pretty much never Disc, <3 Holy!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&cn=Irial

Post 09 Jun 2010 17:37

User avatarJhazrun

"Hi, bash and Irial", or how I'm running low on initiatory lines,

bash wrote:I would like to know which chest should I get, I have 95 frost right now and dont know what to buy also I have a dilema between http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=50966/abracadaver or http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=47894#comments + http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=47309#comments

[Ermine Coronation Robes] and [Abracadaver] are the ones to bring you ahead.

Irial wrote:I regemmed awhile back to all 23sp (as I had seen from your armory), however I noticed on here you were advising to forgo that and gem SP/Spirit and SP/Haste becuase you were gemming raw sp due to you being the primary disc priest in H25LK. Based upon this, should I regem everything (resources are not a problem)?

As far as weps are concerened do you find H-Dying Light or H-Truama to be better overall? I have both and I have been playing around with them a bit.

I was wondering if you suggest using Memory of Malygos over Ring of Maddening Whispers. I also noticed you use both of those over the rep ring, is this also something you would recommend?

Also, if its not too much trouble would you mind looking over my armory to see if you have any suggestions as to any changes I should be making?

The efficiency of SP-SP-SPI-SP-INT is matched only by its elegance, and odds are I'll find myself re-socketing.

Likewise with [Dying Light], the staff is what I'd personally wind up wielding over the oh-so-awkward [Trauma].

SP > SPI > Haste > Crit > Mp5 of Holy leads to an ICC ring ranking like this:
HC Memory of Malygos
HC Ring of Maddening Whispers
Ashen Band of Endless Wisdom
Memory of Malygos
Ring of Maddening Whispers

Overall, I'm not seeing much at all in your profile that won't eventually straighten itself out.