Priest discussion

Re: Priest discussion

Post 03 Jun 2011 16:59

my question is why do i wanna put talent points in evangelism and archangel as a disc healer when im proberly not gonna attack any mobs?

Post 05 Jun 2011 07:35

User avatarJhazrun

wihedro wrote:why do i wanna put talent points in evangelism and archangel as a disc healer when im proberly not gonna attack any mobs?

Atonement isn't used to attack enemies, but to heal your team, and refusing to heal your team is silly, so refusing to use Atonement is silly.

Post 14 Jun 2011 08:43

After looking trough the forums i couldn't really find any discussion regarding the new change to crit from 150% to 200% for healing ... From what i've read on other places, going for crit will most likely lead to you doing quite a bit of overhealing (at least when you're healing anything else than a tank). Because of that, i would imagine that crit will still not be very attractive as a holy priest.

Discipline on the other hand should, from my understanding, benefit a lot more from the change since Divine Aegis will proc for a far greater amount than pre-patch. Meaning it might be worth to reforge into crit instead of/togheter with mastery, at least if you are, like me, doing 10-mans. 25-man healing priest on the other hand shouldn't benefit as much due to PW:S not gaining anything from crit.

I would really like to hear your thought on the matter, do you think crit will be worth reforging to for any spec and/or raid size combination? Or will mastery and haste still be superior?

Post 14 Jun 2011 19:42

User avatarJhazrun

Saniera wrote:I would really like to hear your thought on the matter, do you think crit will be worth reforging to for any spec and/or raid size combination? Or will mastery and haste still be superior?

It doesn't sound practical to try to stretch your secondary budget between SPI, HST/MST and CRT. Besides, your Holy'd be worse for it.

Post 19 Jun 2011 17:35

Do you believe Discipline will be a fill all spec as you progress through Firelands or will there be encounters where it is advantageous to play as Holy?

Post 19 Jun 2011 19:27

User avatarJhazrun

Belligerent wrote:Do you believe Discipline will be a fill all spec as you progress through Firelands or will there be encounters where it is advantageous to play as Holy?

Oh, Firelands make Discipline very, very sad indeed…

Post 19 Jun 2011 19:49

Question to Xenophics.
As a Shadow Priest, should I use Mind Blast on cooldown or wait for 3 stacks? For me it feels like it takes too much time to get the stacks for it to be useful, but I've heard people say I should.

Great raid to all of you today, was nice seeing it even tho it got delayed :)

Post 20 Jun 2011 12:22

User avatarxenophics

You should always mind blast when it's ready (even with 0 orbs), with one exception: if you have 0 orbs and your empowered shadow is going to fall of during your mind blast cooldown you should wait.

Post 03 Dec 2011 07:17

User avatarAlisana

With the current 4.3 changes with new raid, do you think archangel is worth using?

What I mean, is, yes, the 15% healing increased can be quiet nice in 10 man for when you know the tank is about to take huge hits (example: Impale on Madness of Deathwing), but as I progressed through the fight, I found myself over healing quiet a lot, because by the time my smite/holy fire heal drops on the target, the target is healed (yes, I do have two other very good healers in group druid/shaman combo).

Should I use archangel at all in 10 man setting?

Another question:

Most of the healing gear in Dragon soul has haste on it, therefore my 17. something mastery is going to be gone with a few pieces of gear. Should I worry about it and reforge haste into mastery? Or should I stay in mid of 15. something mastery and go for haste/crit?

Post 03 Dec 2011 13:03

User avatarJhazrun

Alisana wrote:With the current 4.3 changes with new raid, do you think archangel is worth using?

What I mean, is, yes, the 15% healing increased can be quiet nice in 10 man for when you know the tank is about to take huge hits (example: Impale on Madness of Deathwing), but as I progressed through the fight, I found myself over healing quiet a lot, because by the time my smite/holy fire heal drops on the target, the target is healed (yes, I do have two other very good healers in group druid/shaman combo).

What're you using as filler if not Atonement? Also, overhealing with Atonement means there's no-one damaged within 15 yds of the boss' hit box, which sounds like a fine opportunity to charge up Archangel anyway. You don't even need to Smite or AA if you don't feel like it; Just casting Holy Fire every now and then keeps both that and Penance at a hyper-efficient 30% mana cost reduction.

Alisana wrote:Most of the healing gear in Dragon soul has haste on it, therefore my 17. something mastery is going to be gone with a few pieces of gear. Should I worry about it and reforge haste into mastery? Or should I stay in mid of 15. something mastery and go for haste/crit?

Well, I don't care about the numbers, but there's nothing wrong with Haste in tens.