Priest discussion

Re: Priest discussion

Post 16 Oct 2010 13:07

Tarandine wrote:I feel quite frustrated with disc atm with the cata changes. Please someone give me some light at the end of a tunnel that I can use disc at some point again. I feel that the major things that made disc awesome have been nerfed like no tomorrow. PW:S does nothing compared to anything it used to. Plus with a 1 sec CD.

Now the thing that gives me hope is Mastery points. When the gear shows up in cata for Mastery points will hopefully buff the crap outta the bubble. I think that is the only thing I can look forward to till then, but in the mean time, shadow is where I am heading.

What do you all think?

My personal opinion:
The biggest challenge is to customize your own playing style to the new healing spells, "rotations" and the game mechanics. My Char needs some more haste, because the magic 'cure' is too slow and I rather then Flashheal use, but otherwise, I notice no difference. I expect greater difficulties/changes in the levels or with the expansion/new boss battles. The weakening of our shields can currently offset by Mastery well, provided that appropriate Gear.

Holy Priest @ all: Is the Holy become more demanding? Do you have enough mana or you have mana problems?

Post 16 Oct 2010 21:33

User avatarJhazrun

bubat wrote:What glyphs are you planning on using?

Regarding our Glyphs in general; If it isn't obvious, it doesn't matter. There aren't enough essential ones, so by the time one finds themselves having to make a choice, it's between options that aren't going to impact much of anything. Customize to your own taste and playstyle.

domtheskater wrote:What stats will you be going for in 4.0 as priests will it be just intel similar to now or should i be grabbing haste/crit or even mastery?

Spell power will continue to function as even greater a be-all, end-all stat now that it also provides longevity. Items will continue to carry ratings, however, so there's still a place for valuation.

The Mastery of Holy is among the highest quality ones in the game, so that's where you should aim your reforging (and, come CAT, base item picks). Haste follows shortly behind, its value raised by a heightened focus on cast-timed spells. Critical effect rating, on the other hand, was neutered, so put in your best effort to rid yourself of as many points as you can.

Tarandine wrote:I feel that the major things that made disc awesome have been nerfed like no tomorrow. PW:S does nothing compared to anything it used to. Plus with a 1 sec CD.

Make no mistake, Discipline is NOT at all comfortable with what CAT. Mastery, in stead of talents, however, is what's to power an effective coefficient for PW:S, so it's understandable it would feel anemic at this point in time. The one-second hard cooldown can also only have a functional difference at high levels of Haste, something CAT will see be far less ubiquitous.

Discipline's woe-to-be lies in the healing model shift. Its tools are fundamentally poorly equipped to deal with long-term damage intake. No longer will there be bursts of damage for absorb effects to buffer. Discipline has always been balanced around its far superior efficiency, and, as overhealing rates plummet among the other healers, there's not a snobold's chance in Hellfire it will remain competitive in a raiding environment as it is. If nothing else, it's PvP balance that will take it to the bottom of a watery grave.

Post 17 Oct 2010 01:16

hello,
After the ne patch 4.0.1, i try to find the best amount of mastery for a holy priest especialy. it starts at 8.00 and with reforging i increased it to 10.00 to see how it is going. is it enough? i need more? is there a cpa number?

ty for your help

Post 17 Oct 2010 09:09

Hello Jhazrun, I have an issue you might resolve.

Since 4.0.1 came live, there's this new feature of ability-queue, means, while the pws cd is up i press another pws and it will "remember" it.

That thingy + Mouseover macros = hell!

While im spamming my button, if its pws or whatever, if i click 1 extra time with my mouse over Johnny, for example. 1st Shield will last on Johnny, then it will remember to shield johnny again, shield me instead cause johnny got weakend soul, and if i have weakend soul, I just lost 1 sec.

Is there a way / script / macro / new mouseover, to reverse that new feature in order to keep shielding properly?

Thank you, Yoffe <Clarity>

Post 19 Oct 2010 20:15

User avatarJhazrun

papia wrote:i try to find the best amount of mastery for a holy priest. with reforging i increased it to 10.00. is it enough? i need more? is there a cpa number?

Mastery is very efficient for a healing priest, and scales linearly with neither a soft or a hard cap. Also, since the welcome demise of Defense, the only remaining stat with a defined target value is Hit.

yoffe wrote:Since 4.0.1 came live, there's this new feature of ability-queue, means, while the pws cd is up i press another pws and it will "remember" it.

Is there a way / script / macro / new mouseover, to reverse that new feature in order to keep shielding properly?

With all sincereness, m'fraid I'm unable to relate to the behavior you're encountering. I'm actually quite confused about the new queue system and its supposed woes myself, as no configuration of mine has been able to reproduce anything beyond an extension of the pre-cast window from a few tenths-of-a-second to maybe half-of-a-second. My own chain-casting has certainly found the change as nothing short of a boon.

"While im spamming my button, if its pws or whatever, if i click 1 extra time with my mouse over Johnny, for example. 1st Shield will last on Johnny, then it will remember to shield johnny again, shield me instead cause johnny got weakend soul, and if i have weakend soul, I just lost 1 sec."

Unless your additional click arrived half a second after the casting itself, halfway into the triggered GCD, you'd simply get a "Spell is not ready." error. Even then, any casting system I'm aware of would then proceed to attempt to shield Johnny for a second time and run into "You can't do that yet.". Furthermore, even if it used some kind of warped self-casting, failing to shield a Weakened Soul would still not incur a GCD.

So I ask; what in the world are we dealing with?

Post 19 Oct 2010 23:52

Pardon me for perhaps a silly and rather dumb question probably. But i watched your guilds Chimaeron and Omnitron defense system videos, and it seems that priest are falling behing on healing meters quite heavily. Is this because priests healing glory have been killed or are the other healing classes just plain better? As judging from paladins and shamans that did nearly if not double your healing jhaz. So correct me if i'm wrong but is holy priest really that weak?

best regards
Doodley.

Post 21 Oct 2010 23:02

User avatarJhazrun

I do have to admit to soul-stomping guilt about taking a raid slot being something I've just recently had the… opportunity… of experiencing.

The design of Holy is a textbook chapter in anti-synergy, each step forward locked behind two steps back. Time and time again I find myself facing nothing but unsettling frustration. Cataclysm has, however, been enough of a resounding success in other areas for me to tentatively remain in good faith for rewarding gameplay, though that's a far cry from something adjusting a value or two would lead to.

I embrace the dynamics shift, but it's a druid's and paladin's world out there. I know I'll have both prepared.
Last edited by Jhazrun on 22 Oct 2010 03:59, edited 2 times in total.

Post 21 Oct 2010 23:26

Jhazrun wrote: I know I'll have both prepared.

This does not make me happy... I like playing Priest and want to continue playing priest in cata :(

Post 22 Oct 2010 06:51

Fabbin wrote:
Jhazrun wrote: I know I'll have both prepared.

This does not make me happy... I like playing Priest and want to continue playing priest in cata :(

doesnt make me happy at all! grrr

Post 22 Oct 2010 19:40

did anyone of you tested the holy/diszi priest in a 10 man cata. raid, and give a comparisoin to the other healers?

is the priest better than in wotlk? because i think in some parts of wotlk the priest was the badest healer and very boring to play, but the priest is my main char and a want to play the priest in cata , too
BUT if Blizz made the priest have no chance to heal agains other classes in most situations i will think about my decision.

Can anyone report over the 10man raid??

thanks