Priest discussion

Re: Priest discussion

Post 20 Jul 2010 10:18

phyx wrote:hi!

few question for you.
we've just killed LK25 on normal and 4 bosses on 25hc mode.
this is my char
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &cn=Ignore

as u see i have 37%(42% holy spells) crit chance, 28k mana , 3200sp and 681 mp/5.
fully buffed i have 49%(holy) crit chance, 33k mana, 3500sp and 1033 mp/5.

since i thought disco should crit as much as possible i stacked sp/crit gems with sp/spi gems to not run out of mana.
i have no problems mana wise in any encounter. using pet only for LK25 normal cause of all the shielding. now i obtainwd few new items and was wondering should i continue socket like that or should i socket sp/int which will lead to much less crit chance , a lil bigger mana pool and weaker mp/5? or something else..

thank u in advance.

if youre mainduty is shieldspamming switch from sp+crit to full sp gems.

Post 20 Jul 2010 10:55

i only spam shields in LK25 fight and these shield are downranked anyway. i mainly heal. i do spam shield but i also heal so in order to not only specialize for shield spamming what should i gem. also wont i suffer from massive mp5 drop if i stack only sp?

Post 20 Jul 2010 12:50

phyx wrote:i only spam shields in LK25 fight and these shield are downranked anyway. i mainly heal. i do spam shield but i also heal so in order to not only specialize for shield spamming what should i gem. also wont i suffer from massive mp5 drop if i stack only sp?

You are only using 4 sp+spirit gems, thats only 40 spirit, I wouldn't call that massive drop in mp5 :) Switch to sp+haste then if you want to do other stuff than spam shields.

Post 20 Jul 2010 13:13

true. but why should disc stack sp/haste if i want to heal and shield? wouldn sp/int or sp/mp5 be better? since disc has haste talents?

Post 20 Jul 2010 13:33

phyx wrote:true. but why should disc stack sp/haste if i want to heal and shield? wouldn sp/int or sp/mp5 be better? since disc has haste talents?

i dont think mana will be an issue for you so no use gemming int or mp5. haste lets you cast your heals faster and faster heals are better than minimal upgrades in crit :)

Post 20 Jul 2010 18:06

hi ande or jhaz quick question i know both of you are probally gemmed to heal lk heroic as disc but i was wondering how you manage to sustain your mana with no spirit gems as holy.

Is it recommended to gem pure sp as holy now or stick with sp/haste, sp/spirit and sp gems.

Also if theres any hints about where to use shadowfiend etc on lk 25 heroic would love to hear thanks

Post 20 Jul 2010 18:32

domtheskater wrote:hi ande or jhaz quick question i know both of you are probally gemmed to heal lk heroic as disc but i was wondering how you manage to sustain your mana with no spirit gems as holy.

Is it recommended to gem pure sp as holy now or stick with sp/haste, sp/spirit and sp gems.

Also if theres any hints about where to use shadowfiend etc on lk 25 heroic would love to hear thanks

I havent had problems with mana after the 10% buff. Pure sp gems are not only for disc, its the best option for holy as well since you pretty much use most of your time casting instants such as renew, coh and pom. So yes it is recommended to gem pure sp as holy. If you find yourself running out of mana even on next week with the 30% buff, try to switch some of the gems to sp+int and sp+spirit until you find a good balance where you dont run out of mana and then slowly switch back to full sp.

Of course the efficient use of hymn of hope and shadowfiend helps hugely with mana issues. If possible try to use shadowfiend + hymn of hope at the simetime with heroism/bloodlust, but understandably its not always possible.

On lk25hc i have mostly used my hymn of hope + shadowfiend about 20-40 seconds after phase 1.5 and then separately again at p3 when out of cd.

Post 21 Jul 2010 16:19

ty for help also as holy shall i use the 25 sp 2% intell or the intel + chance to restore mana gem.

Also is it better to have 2 disc priests or 1 disc 1 holy for lk 25 heroic since my guild is using 2 disc atm

Post 21 Jul 2010 19:50

domtheskater wrote:ty for help also as holy shall i use the 25 sp 2% intell or the intel + chance to restore mana gem.

Also is it better to have 2 disc priests or 1 disc 1 holy for lk 25 heroic since my guild is using 2 disc atm

use 1 disc and 1 holy.

1 disc can easily shield the whole raid while the holy provides good healing

Post 26 Jul 2010 12:41

edit: nvm just seen serendipity's link to prayer of healing.