Is for Arthas 10H a DisziPriest a must have?

Is for Arthas 10H a DisziPriest a must have?

Post 14 May 2010 22:55

Hiho, me and my guildies want to start trying Lichking 10H. (Yeah I know we're a little bit later as others ;D ). One thing that still holds us back is the set up. I was arguing with our Raidleader about it and he has the opinion that a Diszi Priest ist not required at all and we could do with our regular set up for icc10H anyday.

Our normal set up:
Tanks: Prot Warri/ Druid
Healer : Resto Druid/ Holy Pala/ (another Resto Druid or RestoShaman on some fights)
DD's: MM Hunter / Demo Lock/Balance Druid/ EleShaman/ FrostDK/ Retpally

My set up was (based on the players we have)
Tanks: Prot Warri/ Druid
Healer: Diszi/ Holy Pala (with Uldu legendary)
DD's: 2x Shadow Priest/ MM Hunter / Demo Lock/ EleShaman/ Balance Druid
(I know that a Prot Pally would be better but we just dont have one :> )

Anyway, my basic question is: Is that set up viable and what's your opinion about having a Diszi Priest + another Healer for this Fight? Do you really need one or is it doable without one?

Greetz Shinoa

Re: Is for Arthas 10H a DisziPriest a must have?

Post 15 May 2010 09:09

User avatarDiamondTear

You have no chance to doing the encounter with that comp.

And why do you spell is Diszi instead of Disc?

Post 15 May 2010 09:37

Oh I am sorry : / I am from Germany and it was quite late when I made this post so I didn't paid much attention about correct spelling (but I did my best^^). And yeah the german short for Discipline Priest is indeed Diszi (Disziplin). That's where the mistake comes from <.<

But I am a little confused now. Is it impossible with my set up to do the Encounter or with the one I posted first?
And a clear answer about having or not having a Disc Priest would be nice :)

Post 15 May 2010 10:12

You are suggesting to do the encounter with a ranged-only setup, with bad class combos. That explains enough?

Post 15 May 2010 11:34

Basically my question is just about the two Healers you want to bring in. As far as I know you take Disc + X to avoid having any damage from Infest. Infact, if just someone could confirm my thoughts it would might help to convince my Raidleader and we can go ahead do some serious tries.

Post 15 May 2010 13:08

User avatarRei

dpriest is not requirement, though can make life easier - inspiration, hymn, cds for tanks. depending on what tactic you use for spirits you can either go with ranged or melee setup. your setup is simply better because it have better synergy (though mage should be better then balance/ele). don't know what protes is on about though, most of the early kills on lk 10hm was with full ranged setup but i guess he have lots of exp on encounter ;)

Post 15 May 2010 15:25

I was considering making a new post, but I'll post here for now. (Dont want to clutter forums, but ill remove this and post elsewhere with permission ^^)

Soon our 10 man group will be on HC Lich King, and having read your p3 guide, I was wondering (im a blood dk tank, with 70k hp with buffs, the 15% one included :/) could I soak spirits with anti magic shell, and perhaps if needed followed up with icebound fortitude (with AMS having a short duration). we only have 2 paladins (both ret), so I was thinking of a rotation of me, pally1, pally 2, then me again (hoping IBF is off cooldown). I imagine the soaking strat isn't really neccessary but its a kick ass one and would help a lot.

THanks in advance for reading and helping :)

Post 17 May 2010 15:44

@Shinoa

As far as i know, resto druid is pretty weak unless equipping ulduar mace for LK heroic.

Post 17 May 2010 16:48

User avatarxenophics

starscream wrote:@Shinoa

As far as i know, resto druid is pretty weak unless equipping ulduar mace for LK heroic.

I don't think Val'anyr covers up for the fact that druids just aren't that good on the encounter.