Question to Kahva! about grid!

Question to Kahva! about grid!

Post 02 Sep 2012 04:56

There is something im going crazy about ive been sitting for literally HOURS now trying to figure this out. I've been trying to configure grid now to see if I can heal with it (thinking about changing healing addon) so! The thing ive wanted to ask and been going crazy about is something kahva did to his grid, I cant figure it out how he did it but.... It's about the grid Icons/hots if u see in his videos where he is healing there is like a cooldown displaying within his buffs/hots on the raid. Like riptide,earthliving,ancestral vigor e.t.c you can see the riptide buff and inside the icon there is like a cooldown/countdown like 18,17,16,15 untill you refresh it again! However I downloaded just about any grid icon/hot module there is, and been trying to configure it out to make it work but i just cant find anything that makes this work! I can make it work on the Center icon in "frames" for cooldowns then it displays the cooldown the way I want it. In the center of that icon/buff/hot you just casted, but not on the other icons! Can someone PLEASE tell me how to make this work cause im going crazy about it, noone else seems to be able to do this except kahva :<!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpBYiJzt2AI <---- there is a video showing him healing, take the HD resolution and look in the grid and look on the earthliving buffs on the raids and u see the cooldown like in the middle of the earhtliving icon counting down, on riptide and ancestral fortitude as well. thats what im trying to figure out how to do! pliz halp!

Re: Question to Kahva! about grid!

Post 10 Jan 2013 22:11

The Problen in your agrumentation is: He don't uses grid :)
Could be complicated to set it up to work exactly like a different addon.

Post 11 Jan 2013 04:49

It's super easy to do it with grid, though.

ANYTHING you can do with any raid frame addon out there, you can do with Grid, you just need an ''addon-addon'' to put it like that.

Here is a list of mine:

Grid (obviously)
GridIndicatorCornerIcons (Which might be what you are looking for)
GridIndicatorCornerPlus (More squares in corners and at sides)
GridManaBars
GridStatusDirectionArrows (arrows pointing towards people out of range)
GridStatusPriestAoE (for my Priest alt Prayer, shows who it's most efficient to cast prayer on)
GridStatusRaidDebuff + GridStatusRaidDebuff MoP (automatically adds debuffs in raids)
GridStatusRaidIcons (skull, cross etc... on players)

Grid requires a ton of work, though, but you can have it exactly like you want it.

Edit: And yea, OmniCC, ofcourse.
Last edited by MyCelarAD on 11 Jan 2013 12:13, edited 1 time in total.

Post 11 Jan 2013 10:47

He does use Grid.

Your particular problem could be related to OmniCC, if you have it already and you can get the countdown timer in the middle icon but not in others is probably because center icon is larger and fits within the threshold that is set in OmniCC, but others don't.

I also wanted to make my HoTs display like on Kahva's grid, but instead settled on regular dots that change color depending on how much time is left (GridStatusHots).