Best tank combo's for Dragon soul

Best tank combo's for Dragon soul

Post 14 Dec 2011 14:37

Hey i have recently changed guilds to a friends guild which was just created last wednesday, We have3 differant class tanks a dk (me) warr and a pala jsut wondering what combination would be best dk and pala, dk and warr or warr and pala. This is a 10 man guild all have dps OS so one always goes dps if the other two are tanking.

Thanks for your time!

Re: Best tank combo's for Dragon soul

Post 14 Dec 2011 16:30

User avatarSaintlyn

I'd say DK and pala, and let war do crazy dps.

For heroic modes you may wanna tailor to specific fights, on normal really any combo would do.

Also dk and pala tank combo eliminates competition for shields and one handed tank weapons.

Hope this helps!

PallyCraft!

Post 17 Dec 2011 22:10

SybanDraenor,

As Saintlyn stated, I would recommend a Paladin and a Death Knight for the two tanks, though for different reasoning.
Dragon Soul has a ton of Magic damage compared to the amount of physical damage taken. Because of this, it makes DKs very strong in this tier. Death Knights by far have the best magic mitigation of all the tank specs / classes.

The reasoning behind the paladin is that Protection Paladins have a good amount of self Cooldowns and Raid Cooldowns when needed, compared to all other tanks. For example: Guardian of Ancient Kings,Divine Guardian, Argent Defender, Holy Shield, Divine Protection, ect.

Warriors are higher dps in general, and all the major "tanking" cooldowns can be brought by any warrior with a simple macro or other cast. Think of things like Shield Block, Rallying Cry, ect. All warriors can bring it with a simple macro.

Druids just lack the CDs and the mitigation for the most part for Dragon Soul. Due to a majority of the damage taken in Dragon Soul being magic, druids will get still get hit by it and cant dodge it (which is mainly what druids are about). In order to have good magic defenses they would have to spec into Perseverance, which is a pure-tank build only, which would hinder their ability to dps in certain situations (Such as 1 tank fights, ect).

So in conclusion, you should aim to have a Deathknight and Paladin tank combo throughout heroics (at least at this point.)

Normals modes are whatever you guys wish to do, and tank set-up doesnt really matter to much.

I hope this helped. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask and I will try to answer accordingly.

- MtHyjal

Post 25 Jan 2012 10:49

sorry for not getting back earlier but yeah we are using DK and Pala and since then we have progressed 1/8 hc and 7% on yorsajh hc and also gave ultraxion a bash and got him to 14%. Dk's really have got the upper hand in ds since yorsajh solo tank with ams for debuff, zon'ozz ams for Physchic drain ultraxion hour of twilight, its endless with the amount of uses a dk has with ams throughout dragon soul and thanks for the answers!

Post 13 Feb 2012 09:53

Yeah i definitely agree with the dk/pala combo, we have now downed 3/8 hc and yorsajh i basically had a max absorb up all the time and took hardly any physical damage while i was just rotating some cd's for the magic. ultraxion was very much the same when it got near the end of the fight when it wasnt my turn to take the hour saved the healers alot of healing, when it came to me taking unecessary damage.