Small guide for demonology warlocks (updated for 3.3.3)

Re: Small guide for demonology warlocks (updated for 3.3.3)

Post 13 May 2010 14:36

Hey there I'm the resident Demo Lock in my guild and looking for input/suggestions if you don't mind.

Currently my guild is on H LK getting to about the 4-5 Valkyr in Phase 3. My current strat for the Valkyrs to Tab cast Immolate and then Seed the Target i put my immolate on last ensuring that LK is getting hit by it as well. And Since I used Demo Form on the P2 Raging spirits this stays the same except the 2nd and 5th Valks where Demo form is usually up and I demon Charge Immo Aura and seed spam.

Am I correct is assuming this is the way to go? My Valk dps numbers seems to pale in comparison of the 2 afflic locks we run as well as pretty much all other DPS for that matter.

Or would you suggest using Demon Form in more proper places to maximize dps over all.

Thanks in advance for your response much appreciated :-)

Post 22 May 2010 14:25

hello.. and grats on H-LK world first. I look you up on armory and go though your logs all the time to try to better myself. I came into mediocrity as destro/afflic and never had much experience with demo. I think ive gotten it down really well but I would like a expert to give a opinion.
Armory
World of Logs

Also am wondering about trinkets. As you see I currently have DFO and H-Spyglass but also have reign of the dead but Im not sure if the constant +150sp for the DP buff is better for overall dps then the pDps of DFO.

Anyways thank you for your time and input and look forward to seeing great things from you guys so keep up the awesome job.

Post 08 Jun 2010 09:55

Hi Diivil,

One question: when do you use Pillar of Flame and Shadowflame?

My character armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... Modr&n=Izy

comments? :-)

Thanks.

Excelent guide ;-)

Post 14 Jun 2010 20:55

Hey Diivil,
im sure you get shit loads of people asking for help and such but i was just wondering if when you get a spare moment to check out my armory and stuff to maybe better myself to further help my guild progress.
as of right now i feel that my dps in general is lacking and i figured you were the top of the pyramid when it comes to our class

thanks for your time

~Rilix, <Strife>, US Jaedenar

Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... r&cn=Rilix
parse: http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/14413/

thanks again

Post 15 Jun 2010 13:22

Rilix wrote:Hey Diivil,
im sure you get shit loads of people asking for help and such but i was just wondering if when you get a spare moment to check out my armory and stuff to maybe better myself to further help my guild progress.
as of right now i feel that my dps in general is lacking and i figured you were the top of the pyramid when it comes to our class

thanks for your time

~Rilix, <Strife>, US Jaedenar

Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... r&cn=Rilix
parse: http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/14413/

thanks again

Gem 1 veiled ametrine to get to hit cap.
Work on your life tap glyph uptime, have it up 100% of the time.
Also work a bit on your dot uptime. You could have fit in another curse of doom at least on one fight I took a look. Immolate seemed fine but keep an eye on it too since it's one of the best spells you got.
You only used 2 metamorphosis on Putricide where you could have gotten 3.

Post 05 Jul 2010 22:12

Hey Diivil... I did what you said with the Nvidia control panel. How ever when it was on quality i experienced 10-15 fps which was terrible. When i switched it to performance it was amazing and went to 30+. I admired your help and the drastic change. How ever ever since I've done that i have been maintaining 30+ FPS but RANDOMLY in WoW dropping to 3-5 FPS for a good 2-3 minutes and then going back to 30+ FPS out of nowhere and it goes back to 30+ FPS as if nothing happened. Please update me or let me get a solid solution in fixing this WITHOUT needing to go back to quality. Thanks a lot.

Post 29 Jul 2010 13:35

Hi,
I got a Question about Demo Warlock. Im using atm Dfo hc and the Sindra nhc trinket
and i dont really know if its better to swap the sindra trinket with halion nhc (we only got him normal =( ) And i saw in Armory that Diivil is using the sindra trinket is it only because halion trinket didnt drop or is the sindra one just better?

Post 01 Aug 2010 20:02

/push :<

Post 12 Sep 2010 01:17

Hello,

why is the spell stone better than firestone for demo?

ty :P

Post 03 Oct 2010 00:24

Other small things
Macro demonic empowerment to your other spells so you use it on every cooldown.
Try to make sure your life tap glyph buff and mana last the whole duration of demon form.
Use seed of corruption instead of rain of fire.

What would the macros be i tried some out but the are not functioing right. Can you help me out abit