hunter or mage ?...

hunter or mage ?...

Post 18 Sep 2011 18:36

hello i wanna switch to pve from pvp, and i dunno what to focus on...hunter or mage? i dont have time to keep them both on par, so i have to focus on one, just leveled the hunter today.
from what i see from videos mage is only spam arcane blast....and i worry if it will get really boring...while on the other hand hunter seems a bit more interesting. would like some opinions. when i log on mage i want hunter, and when i log hunter im thinking hunter is not so popular (in my pov) and go back to mage...heeeeeelp!

Re: hunter or mage ?...

Post 18 Sep 2011 20:31

User avatarZeyon

Go Mage, you can't really fail. "mage is only spam arcane blast" don't know what you have seen that from. :( On pure PvP mostly all the mage out there today is frost specced.

Give a hungry man a fish and feed him for a day. Tech him to fish and he won't ever be hungry.

Post 19 Sep 2011 03:14

if you want to seriously pvp, playing a hunter will just get extremely frustrating because it will always feel like you are limited by your class. Hunters have never really been a good pvp class in any arena season (not including s5 loltntstun or beastcleave). My main has been a hunter since vanilla but i recently levelled a druid and a mage for pvp because i love pvp but i just can't stand hunter pvp.

edit: yea sorry apparently i can't read. mage pve is boring as fuck but i really dont like casters lol
Last edited by Wkd on 20 Sep 2011 00:14, edited 2 times in total.

Post 19 Sep 2011 07:17

i said PvE :P

Post 20 Sep 2011 14:05

Hunters.

Why? Primarily because you'll feel more successful with them, you will also find more guilds needing you, on most fights, Arcane is the best mage spec, and it's essentially a 1-button rotation, with some difficult cooldown managing, hunters are simply the better class to play, they are (right now) probably the most fun class to play for most (read: most) people.

And we look awesome.

And we got the biggest community sites.

And we don't wear sassy robes.

Post 20 Sep 2011 18:04

The ting that people say you should roll mage because its easy to get good dps is bull shit, ok you may get top dps in the beggining of the fights, but after a long fight like ragnaros for example if u dont know when to stop spamming arcane blast or when to use evocation your final dps will suck. So i reccomend roll MM hunter, learn the rotation and sitt on the top of the dps meters smiling like a boss.