Cho'gall (AoE Blood Adds) 10man

Cho'gall (AoE Blood Adds) 10man

Post 27 Jan 2011 13:18

Hello my guild is working on Cho'gall and were having issue's with Blood adds. Along with this were using all our DPS on adds except melee. Anyone have any suggestions?? We've gotten to Phase 2 a few times but by then everyones meter is around 80-90ish and and up wiping around 8-10%

Raid Build
Prot Warrior
Prot Pally
Holy Pally
Resto Shaman
Resto Druid
Unholy DK (without Desecration)
Ass Rougue
Fire Mage
Lock (cant remember spec, one with AoE interrupting)
10th slot depends who's on. (Shadow Preists / Hunter / Mage (Frost or Fire)

We've read that alot of guilds are 2 healing this fight along with most Fire mage's can solo adds in Normal 10man with a little help from another AoEr. If anyone could please post suggestions before 8est thats when I raid starts.

Thanks and Look forward to reading your suggestion

Re: Cho'gall (AoE Blood Adds) 10man

Post 22 Mar 2011 10:45

Non instantaneous mind control interrupts are probably your biggest problem - from someone who has been struggling with this recently with a non optimal makeup, followed by people standing in fire & or getting hit by adds. 3 ranged dps - and slows will be really helpful. If you have dps meter whores concentrate the parses on the adds:)

Re: Cho'gall (AoE Blood Adds) 10man

Post 22 Mar 2011 12:34

User avatarxenophics

We've had some issues on Cho'gall with our super casual friend 10-man raid. Our biggest problem was the adds (I hope you are talking about the normal mode by the way) and not being able to kill them fast enough. The same issue you are having.

What we did to make killing them easier was to always kill the Corrupting Adherents on the same side of the room so that the black pools would spawn as close to each other as possible. This means that the spawning adds will be piled as well.

Having a knockback (especially moonkin) in a raid helps a lot since it buys you time before the adds reach the raid. A snare on the adds helps as well (hunter trap feels the best as you can just have it anywhere you want to). Have your lock spec an aoe spec, him together with an spriest and a mage should be able to handle the adds. Dk's can also try to get in the diseases before the knockback is used. Also, if you see that an add is coming for you just run away, even one hit gives you too much corruption to survive the last phase (one hit on multiple players I mean).