Arms DPS

Arms DPS

Post 04 Jan 2011 04:17

Hello, I was wondering if ARMS is a viable DPS spec in the warrior talent tree currently I have heard that some people say it pulls more than Fury But then others don't not 100% haven't tried ARMS out yet since 4.0.3 and would like to know of anyones input on this topic.

Re: Arms DPS

Post 26 Apr 2011 14:22

Well, personally im a protection warrior. Although i've earlier been playing both fury and arms, arms is my favourite(and has always been). Let's just face it, a fury warrior is like a rogue in a metalcan. Everytime a new patch is coming up im eager to see if Arms is getting any boost so it atleast can be compared to fury.

Well, earlier this week it hit me when I watched logs. I compared the dps of fury and arms and the numbers where really tight! Of the topdps done by players there where less then 1k difference between the speccs on most fight, and in some cases arms had achieved higher dps than fury. Ofc I tested this theory on my last magmaw kill. I actually managed to push out 19.6k dps in arms with 352 gear(equipped) indifference to fury where I usually do everything between 16-18k dps.

I am aware of that the fury warrior benefits more från BL than Arms, fury is also more viable in encounters with a lot of movement. But still, that difference was pretty huge. So haven't you warriors in paragon(Wakoz and Verdisha) tried Arms in a raid enviroment, or have you done so with bad results?

I would finally say that Arms push out more dps then fury, if you can play it. But as i've mentioned I don't have the best dps gear so I have not tried it on hc-bosses and with end-game gear.